Question about Toshiba 27AF42 27" TV
Some possible things to check:
1. Are you trying to receive off-the-air broadcasting? If so, you'll need a digital converter box. This set doesn't have a digital tuner, so there won't be any channels for it to receive without the converter.
2. Are you connecting a cable from a cable converter box, satellite receiver or FiOS set-top box? Your TV will need to be set to channel 3 or 4 to see the signal from the device.
3. Make sure the center wire in the plug on the end of the cable isn't bent over, and that it extends far enough (about 1/8 to 1/4-inch) to make a good connection.
4. Do you know for sure that the cable you are connecting is working? Is there actually a signal on the cable? It may be disconnected somewhere else (at a splitter, for instance) or there may not be any signal source.
5. Have you tried another TV to test the cable? If the cable works with another set, the tuner or antenna connector on the snowy set may be bad. If the cable connector is tightened too much when hooking it to the TV, the connector may be damaged and this can cause the snow.
Start by checking with a known good TV. If that one is snowy, you can check the other possibilities. If it works, you'll know the problem is in your set and can decide what to do (repair or replace).
Hope this helps! Thanks for using Fixya.
Posted on Nov 08, 2010
Save hours of searching online or wasting money on unnecessary repairs by talking to a 6YA Expert who can help you resolve this issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
Here's a link to this great service
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Jun 25, 2014 | RCA 46 46LA45RQ LCD TV
Sep 24, 2012 | Televison & Video
Oct 17, 2011 | Televison & Video
Apr 22, 2011 | Televison & Video
Oct 21, 2010 | Sony FD Trinitron WEGA KV-36FS120 36" TV
Jun 21, 2010 | Insignia LCDTV26 26 in. Television
Jan 10, 2010 | RCA HD52W58 52" TV
Jul 15, 2009 | Televison & Video
295 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!