Question about Computers & Internet
The opening template on Word 2003 (normal.dot) has the insertion point at the very top or sometimes off the top of the page. I've tried resetting margins and paper size. I got an old document, made a template and replaced every copy of normal.dot I could find and it fixed it for about two weeks and then it came back. The same happens if I use other templates now. I run Norton 360 regularly and it seems clear. I'm stumped. All suggestions gratefull received.
A 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
The service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
1. Double click on My Computer.
2. Click on the Tools menu in the top menu bar.
3. Click on Folder Options...
4. Click on the View Tab
5. Click on the little button next to "Show hidden files and folders" (in the Advanced Settings box)
6. Click OK.
7. Double click on Local Disk (C:)
8. Double click on the Documents and Settings folder
9. Double click on the folder with your user name
10. Double click on Application Data. (That folder will be dimmed)
11. Double click on the Microsoft folder.
12. Double click on the Templates folder.
13. Right click on the Normal.dot file and delete it
14. Now you need to hide your hidden folders again
15. Click on the Tools menu in the top menu bar.
16. Click on Folder Options...
17. Click on the View tab.
18. Click on the little button next to "Do not show hidden files and folders" (in the Advanced Settings box)
19. Click on OK.
20. Close all the open windows and you are done!
Jun 13, 2011 | Microsoft Windows Vista Home Basic Edition
Feb 20, 2011 | Computers & Internet
Jul 21, 2009 | Microsoft Office Professional 2007 Full...
Jul 12, 2009 | Microsoft Office Professional 2007 Full...
Jul 03, 2009 | Microsoft Office Professional 2007 Full...
May 27, 2009 | Attachmate EXTRA! X-treme
Apr 30, 2009 | Microsoft Office Professional 2007 Full...
Nov 27, 2008 | Microsoft Office 2003 Basic Edition...
Nov 06, 2008 | Microsoft Office Professional 2007 Full...
May 23, 2008 | Acer TravelMate 354TE Notebook
254 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!