Question about Computers & Internet
. The printer's instruction guide should show you how to set the printer's IP address ?
it has to be in the range of what the modem / router you already have is.
If set to auto ip address on the printer
The existing modem / router would have a DCHP server most likely you could log into this router and look sat the ip leases and when it allocates a lease to the printer you set it as Static or permanent lease. There would be an ethernet port on the back of the router to plug in your printer to.
If manual setup then log into router / modem and set the dchp leases to start above 10 . it would be xx.xx.xx.1 to xx.xx.xx.254 just change it to xx.xx.xx.10 to xx.xx.xx.254 and xx means whatever it is set to for its network address. eg 10.0.0.1 - 10.0.0.254 . Set the printer to ip address to eg 10.0.0.9
On your MAC you may need to download and install a printer driver .
Mac is very clever and may set up the printer once you do this automatically by detecting the printer and setting it up in the MAC
If it is a wi fi printer you need to know the encryption settings by logging into the wi fi router and then set this up on the printer ?
Posted on May 14, 2017
Save hours of searching online or wasting money on unnecessary repairs by talking to a 6YA Expert who can help you resolve this issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
Here's a link to this great service
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
SOURCE: Can't install new home printer
No problem JLW63.
Did you follow the instructions (how to unpack the printer).
There are many parts that must be removed before you can hook up & run the printer?
1. Click the start button, & open Control Panel. Once opend click Add/Remove programs. In the list of programs (one at a time), uninstall your old printers ( ones not connected to your PC). Re-start the PC once all old printer have been uninstalled.
2. When windows has finished loading take your CD for the Brother HL-2170W & put it into the cdrom. ( if the Brother screen does not open don't worry about it).
3. Click the Start button, than click Run. Click the Browse button. The Browse window will open. See the words, Look in: to it's right is a window & to the right of the window is a drop down button, click it once. A list will open, you will see some folders & some icons. One Icon will have what looks like a CD on it & it may have the word Brother listed under it or to it's right. (Click it once.)
4. Another list of folders will show up. Click once on the file that reads, setup.exe. Than click ( Open ) in the bottom right hand corner of that window.
5. Sit back & the CD will start installing the Brother CD software. Stay at your computer because you will need to enter information from time to time when asked. Follow the on-screen instructions.
Have a good day & enjoy your new printer!
Posted on Mar 15, 2008
SOURCE: network printer
Connect one end of an ethernet cable into the ethernet port on the printer and the other one into a free port on the router. Then, using the install CD, tell it that you are attaching a printer on the network. The software should automatically detect the printer on the network and set itself up for it.
Posted on Jun 27, 2008
SOURCE: trying to install printer
Two issues, you can go to the HP site and download the latest printer driver for that model:
Or check what version of windows you are running. Click on START, SETTINGS, CONTROL PANEL, SYSTEM.
It should tell you on the first page your OS and what patch it is at.
Posted on Jul 26, 2008
Tips for a great answer:
Sep 29, 2012 | Cisco Photosmart C4780 Wireless AllInOne...
Sep 10, 2012 | Cisco Photosmart C4780 Wireless AllInOne...
Sep 11, 2011 | HP Photosmart Premium C309A All-In-One...
Sep 08, 2011 | Computers & Internet
May 02, 2011 | Apple iPad 64 GB 3G Tablet PC
Jan 11, 2011 | Cisco Linksys WirelessG Broadband Router...
Oct 29, 2010 | Cisco Photosmart C4780 Wireless AllInOne...
Aug 10, 2010 | Cisco Photosmart C4780 Wireless AllInOne...
Aug 02, 2010 | Cisco Photosmart C4780 Wireless AllInOne...
164 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!