ITunes Skips Like Crazy
I will assume that you have tried various settings with your iTune profile and soundcard settings, might it be that you will have to look elsewhere and probably start with the basics.
Basically iTunes is a player and to play something, it has to read it from somewhere which i would presume is from your harddrive or another mass storage. Following this path, it has to be processed and temporarily stored somewhere before iTune come picking it up bit by bit and play.
With that in mind, probably a few things you can check/try:
1. Have you defragged your drive lately?
2. Do you think you have sufficient memory?
3. Are there any other programs running (that may be processor/memory hungry)?
4. Are you running any anti-virus software and at what level of detection in real-time?
5. Is your video set-up as good as your audio set-up?
6. Have you tried setting your swap file bigger say double your RAM?
7. By any chance are you running an overclocked FSB?
8. Have you tried configuring your CMOS/BIOS to default or fail-safe settings?
9. Do you think you have sufficient power from your PSU?
Hope this be of additional idea to you. Pls post back with how things turned up.
Good luck and kind regards.
Sep 30, 2007 |
Home & Lifestyle Software