I left my phone on the ground, for about an hour. I came back and theres a huge black oval and the rest is a transparent white, i checked the area there was no water and nothing fell on it. I felt the screen and it wasnt cracked or anything. i just got this phone, and need a lot of help. My parents wil kill me if i tell the. So i need quick inexpensive solutions to this problem, asap! thank you.
Not really much of a solution for a cracked LCD (that's what you're dealing with) outside of a new phone or a new LCD. If you left it on the ground, it either took a hit, or got too hot (southern US would get plenty hot enough to do this). Sorry, but you may want to start saving up for an insurance claim.
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
needs major work. Do it at your own risk. Did everything right but messed up and broke the tab on the touchscreen cable connector on my daughter's phone. Feel crappy. Will post with pictures later on.
1. remove battery/ Sim
2. remove all screws from the back on the black plastic cover. (6 of them) Leave the ones below the battery.
3. Use the pry tool to remove the back case.
4. remove the motherboard, three connectors, one on bottom left, antenna and top right below the board. board comes off. You also have to remove the power connector (transparent plastic) to what appears to be some hf component (cylinder). there are two wires (red, black), red goes to side marked +. remove with pry tool.
5. Remove all small screws you can see.
6. Remove the shiny plate, keyboard button layer.
6a. Remove the lcd connector screw and the connector.
7. Remove screws from the bottom of the lcd portion of the slider. You can access all screws from the back side. Use the slider to get the back of the phone. There are 5 screws.
8. Use the pry tool to take out the back slider. Be careful with the lcd connector.
9. pull up the black tab on the digitizer connection from the screen
10. remove the lcd
11. use a hair dryer to loosen the glue around the broken digitizer.
12. put the new one in
13. Put all the screws back.
I had the same problem. Take it to a local cell phone repair shop. They can order you another LCD Screen and you will be back up and running!! note: do not keep your phone in your pocket!! Please use a phone case and purchase the LG Neon LCD protector!
There is nothing you can do about this. You will have to open the phone and use it like that. You can still make calls usinf the numbers near the top and then close the phone to talk or have it on speaker in the open form, but the screen will never display anything anymore.
Yes, I had the same problem. Here is what to do:
Just press the home button with the close/open button for about 10 seconds. Then, there should be a blank screen with the apple logo on the center. Let the iPhone/iPod touch rest for about a minute and it should be ok.
My nokia N95 I just got from Tigerdirect.com few days ago, after I got home from work my phone was looking ok but the battery low, I charg the phone and I see little dot on the LCD I thaught some dirt inside the screen, two minutes later the black dot get bigger and bigger more and more line across the LCD display.
My wife watch it and she thaught I was joking, but I decided to call customer service then she believe it.