Question about NetGear RangeMax WPN824 Wireless Router (WPN824NAR)
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
You can use below steps to install router
1. Please remove all the connections from the router. Connect power to the router and then connect a cable from the computer into any of the 4 lan ports on the router. Make sure the modem should not be connected to the router or to the computer.
2. Open up the Internet Browser (Safari, Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Opera, etc.).
3. Put http://www.routerlogin.com/basicsetting.htm or 192.168.1.1 address bar. press enter
4. Login to the router with the Username as "admin" and Password as "password" (please note that the Username and Password are case sensitive).
5. Click on lan ip setup under advanced.
6. Change the lan ip to 192.168.10.1 and under use router as a dhcp server change the starting ip as 192.168.10.2 and ending ip as 192.168.10.51, click apply and click ok for any popup message that arise.
7. Once the browser display some error message like CANNOT FIND SERVER, ACTION CANCELLED etc, Connect the dsl modem on the wan port of the router and restart the computer.
8. Power off the dsl modem and the router after making the connections.
9. Power on the dsl modem and wait till the dsl light comes on, then power on the router.
10. Open a web browser (Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox or Safari).
11. Access the router (http://192.168.10.1).
12. Login to the router (Username = admin Password = Password).
13. Click on Setup Wizard and then select "Yes" and Click "Next" on the detection window.
14. It should give you a "Dynamic IP Detected" or "pppoe detected"(type the Username & Password of your dsl account in case of pppoe detection) and then click next.
15. Click Apply.
16. Logout of the router.
17. Open up another browser window and try to access internet.
Please rate the service positively if issue resolved
Thanks for using Fixya
Posted on Apr 04, 2010
Tips for a great answer:
Mar 14, 2011 | Computers & Internet
Dec 09, 2010 | NetGear RANGEMAX WNR834M Router...
Nov 03, 2010 | NetGear DG834 Router
Feb 02, 2010 | NetGear RangeMax WPN824 Router
Jan 13, 2010 | NetGear WGR614 Wireless Router
Dec 31, 2009 | NetGear MBR624GU Wireless Router
Dec 30, 2009 | NetGear RangeMax WPN824 Wireless Router...
Dec 13, 2009 | NetGear WNDR3300 - RangeMax Dual Band...
Dec 02, 2009 | NetGear WGR614 Wireless Router
Jun 30, 2009 | NetGear WGR614 54 Mbps Wireless Router -...
335 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: