If PROTECT , PROTECTOR or a P
is flashing in the display of the A/V receiver, there may be an
incorrect connection or an improper setting. Try following these steps
to resolve this issue:
If model-specific information is needed to complete any of these steps,
refer to the instructions supplied with the product. Manuals are
available online through the Manuals/Specs/Warranty link on this page.
Because each of these steps represents a possible solution to this
issue, check the A/V receiver status after completing each step.
- Check the speakers and speaker wires for proper connections.
- Reduce the volume level. IMPORTANT: If the A/V receiver is used at maximum volume level, it may enter the PROTECT mode. Maximum volume listening will cause the A/V receiver to run very hot and may drain the output capacitors.
- If applicable to your model, disable the surround sound option if both the A and B speakers are being used simultaneously.
- Ensure the top of the A/V receiver has proper ventilation to keep it from overheating.
- If the message only occurs when using a DVD player, the sampling frequency may be set too high. IMPORTANT: Some
A/V receivers provide compatibility with the higher sampling
frequencies through alternate connections. Consult the owners manual
for specific information.
- Unplug the AC power cord for approximately 1 to 2 hours to reset the output transformers.