Question about KitchenAid KCMS145J Microwave Oven
The countertop light burned out. I went to unscrew the burned out bulb and an electrival spark happened. When I replaced bulb with a new one the light will not come on and neither will the fan come on??? Suspect a blown fuse but don't know if there is a fuse or if there is one where it is located and how to get to it??
On the electronic control board, the circuit trace will open like a fuse if the light bulb power becomes shorted. If you or someone knows how to use a soldering iron, this can be repaired.
1. Remove the top grille. (Two screws on top)
2. Remove screw above button panel. Push up on panel to remove.
3. Remove circuit board from panel. Look on reverse side for a burned, open circuit trace.
4. Repair circuit trace everything should work again....
Posted on Jun 15, 2008
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Oct 08, 2016 | Magic Chef Microwave Ovens
Mar 07, 2015 | Magic Chef CMV1000B Microwave Oven
Nov 03, 2014 | Panasonic NN-T990SA Microwave Oven
Apr 08, 2014 | Magic Chef MCM990ST Stainless Steel...
Mar 02, 2014 | Panasonic NN-SD277WR - NN-SD277WR...
Nov 16, 2010 | LG LMV1630ST Microwave Oven
Jul 10, 2010 | Magic Chef MCD1311ST Microwave Oven
Oct 19, 2009 | Magic Chef MCM1290A Microwave Oven
Apr 13, 2009 | Microwave Ovens
Feb 08, 2008 | Microwave Ovens
277 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!