I have a dirt devil upright 12 amp en vision I lost my manual so don't know how to get the power brush upholstery attachment to work,also the side attachments don't seem to have enough suction to clean edges. It works great just on my rug but not able to get attachments to suction properly
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
It's probably the brush "kicking" the dirt out, rather than it being blown out. This happens if there's a clog in the airflow system somewhere. This could be anywhere from the power head above the brush to the tank where the hose connects.
1. Detach hose at both ends. Drop a coin in one end, lift that end up until coin falls out the other end. If it doesn't, there's a blockage that needs to be cleared. You may be able to do this by using a broom handle to push the clog through. Push the broom handle through the power head end.
2. With the hose detached, check the power head connection for blockages. Drop the coin in and see if it drops through. If not, use a wooden spoon handle, or similar blunt object to push the clog back toward the brush, then pull or vacuum it out.
3. Check the filter and make sure it's clean,
4. Remove the dirt catcher and check bottom of holder right above motor. There's a screen here to prevent debris from getting to the motor. Clear any dirt and debris from it.