- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
Hi. Firstly, I would not recommend trying to fix this yourself, as doing so would void your remote's warranty. The screen on my Harmony 1100 went blank once, and updating the firmware fixed it. Sometimes corruptions can occur on the remote that cause this issue.
To update the firmware on your remote, log in to the Harmony software and click "Downloads" at the top of the screen. Then, click "Firmware," and follow the instructions to update the firmware and configuration.
According to Logitech, the Harmony Software version 7.6 is compatible with Windows 7 as is your Harmony 890. You may need to download the 7.6 version of the software. All of your settings should transfer over to the new software, since your profile is stored on Logitech's server.
Cause: Comunication error with a Logitech server.
Solution: You will need to completely exit out of the Harmony software and re-launch it. To do this:
1. Quit the Harmony software 2. For Windows base PC's, right click on the Harmony icon from the system tray and click on Exit 3. For Mac, quit the software by clicking on Logitech Harmony Remote Software menu at the top of the screen and then clicking on Quit 4. Logitech Harmony Remote Software 5. Open the Harmony Remote Software
You should now be able to login.
Run the Activity wizard, one at a time, for all of your Activities.
1. Launch the Logitech Harmony Remote software and login to your account 2. From the Harmony homepage, select the first Activity listed and click on the Settings button for it 3. Select Review the settings for this Activity and click on the Next button 4. Select No, I want to run the setup wizard again to change these settings and click on the Next button 5. Move through the wizard by clicking on the Next button to move to the next page, ensuring that all questions have been answered correctly. Usually a setting will be unselected, causing the error 6. Repeat for every Activity in your account, attempting to update each time to check if the error has been corrected
If you are still unable to resolve your issue, let me know