Question about Fuji FinePix S8000fd Digital Camera
I only use WINDOWS so this solution is not applicable for MAC or LINUX
1) Connect cable to camera ( camera is turned off). There is a picture on page 131 of the manual
2) Connect other end of cable to PC ( PC should already be on)
3) Turn camera on by pressing PLAY button on the back and holding until camera starts. This method of turning on and off means the lens will not operate and so is ideal for when connecting to computer. Your camera LCD should like up and it should display "USB" on a white background.
4) If you have not installed the drivers (from the installation CD-ROM) then windows will try to install the software and depending on the WINDOWS version then you may be prompted to insert the CD-ROM.
5) Once drivers are installed you should get a confirmation that hardware is ready for use. If you have already installed the drivers and Finepix viewer then finepix viewer should open automatically. Finepix crashes on my PC (Windows VISTA is rubbish!) so I just use windows explorer.
6) The camera appears as an external drive in windows exploere. Look for FinePix S8000fd. Expand the folder contents until you get to a folder called 100_FUJI. The pictures from the camera are in here.
7) Use copy and paste to copy from Camera to a folder of your choice. I have a folder called "Photos" and other folders inside it arranged by date.
8) When you have finished you must turn the camera off before disconnecting. Press and hold the PLAY button until LCD swithces off and disconnect cable from PC then camera
Hope this helps
Posted on Oct 19, 2008
Tips for a great answer:
Jan 10, 2010 | Kodak EasyShare C315 Digital Camera
Dec 08, 2009 | Kodak Easyshare V1233 12.1MP Digital...
Nov 28, 2009 | Samsung L210 Digital Camera
May 31, 2009 | Nikon Coolpix 5700 Digital Camera
Apr 06, 2009 | Kodak Easyshare C813 Digital Camera
Jan 18, 2009 | Ricoh Caplio RR750 Digital Camera
Dec 27, 2008 | Digital Cameras
Aug 10, 2008 | Kodak EasyShare Z700 Digital Camera
Aug 24, 2007 | Fuji FinePix A340 Digital Camera
109 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!