Question about Maytag Neptune MDE5500AY Electric Dryer
Remove the front panel, open dryer door, remove screws from hinges lift up and out, remove the other four screws on opposite side, lift front panel off, with a vacuum get all lint out, if need be disassemble the dryer futher, just remember to unplug dryer first. Hope this helped Tim
Posted on Nov 07, 2010
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
The font panel must be removed. This may be done by removing the control console (open upper cabinet doors to find screws behind the console). The screws along the top of the lower front panel are easily accessible. Disconnect the two interlock switches, remove the grounding clip attached to the bulkhead & lift the panel off the two lower clips. Inside the panel is a housing that leads to the exhaust blower. It will be packed with lint that may be hardened like papier mache. Just clean out the mess & reverse the process to replace the parts.
Posted on Feb 11, 2009
Check out this link. It should provide you the assistance you're looking for.
Posted on Apr 23, 2009
What is the model Number. Does your lint screen go thru the top or is it in the door.
Posted on Jan 31, 2010
Testimonial: "Great directions...solution was easy to follow and exactly what I needed!"
remove 4 philips head screws inside door opening. twist the top narrow part of the front panel to release itfrom clips, tip panel out towards you and lift off. there are 6 5/16 screws on the sides of the bulkhead that needto be removed(there are 8 but 2 of them can be left in). lift the top slightly and you can remove the front bulkhead and clean the duct area.
Posted on Dec 10, 2010
On my 7 year old Series 90 Dryer, I
- unplug the dryer
- use a flash light to locate the two black metal spring clips (located about 3 inches from each end of the lower panel along its top edge). They can be seen in the crack between the upper and lower panels.
- use a putty knife, or similar tool, to press down each clip while pulling out that edge of the panel.
- The panel slips off the lower clips easily.
- on some models there is a lone yellow wire with a connector on the end. If it is unconnected to anything, don't go nuts thinking that you have disconnected a wire by accident. Its one of those unused wires on some models.
- collect as many coins as possible before you vacuum the inside of the machine. Leaning the machine forward can often slide hidden coins to the front. BE SURE YOU CAN LEAN THE MACHINE WITHOUT HAVING IT FALL ON YOU. Otherwise, plan on collecting the coins from the vacuum cleaner when you finish.
- replace the panel by first threading the panel on to the lower clips, then closing the panel. CLICK, CLICK. FINISHED.
Congrats you have cleaned it, possibly avoided a house fire and added to the mad money collection. Hope this helped.
Posted on Jan 13, 2011
Tips for a great answer:
Oct 02, 2015 | Whirlpool Duet 7.0 Cu. Ft. Super Capacity...
Jan 15, 2013 | Maytag Dryers
Feb 15, 2010 | Kenmore 62602 Electric Dryer
Dec 14, 2009 | Whirlpool Dryers
Oct 25, 2009 | Whirlpool LER5636P Electric Dryer
Jun 22, 2009 | Dryers
Jun 04, 2009 | Maytag PYE2300AY Electric Dryer
Feb 20, 2009 | LG DLG5988 Gas Dryer
Apr 26, 2008 | Dryers
Aug 27, 2014 | Maytag Neptune MDE5500AY Electric Dryer
64 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: