Question about Whirlpool MH2155XP Microwave Oven
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of.(from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones)
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
SOURCE: I have a Whirlpool AVM
You should be able to download your owner's manual (instructions for use) here.
Enter either all or part of the model number of the appliance (e.g. AFG 549) or the 12 digit numeric code, (usually starting with 85) that can be found on the service sticker of your appliance.
We're happy to help and we appreciate your thoughtful rating of our answer.
Posted on Jul 13, 2008
you may have gotten a power surge and that can cause some funny things to happen, 1st is there power to the oven, 2nd if so there may be an internal fuse protector built in to the oven, check with the manual for anything of that sort listed. if not you may have to take it in and have it repaired by a pro. there is a lot of voltage in these ovens and unless you know what you are doing a person could get hurt
Posted on Jan 03, 2009
About 95% of the time it is the magnatron. If the microwave is under 5 years old that part is often covered under warranty. I would check your manual. If not the p/n is 8206335 and it's about $80 and fairly easy to install. I just looked and the magnatron is covered.
Labor to replace it would be about $125
Posted on Mar 04, 2009
Sounds like the magnetron has failed. This is the component that produces the microwaves that heats the food.
The cost of the magnetron is about 95% of the cost of a microwave oven. Most people don't, for this reason, replace the magnetron, they replace the whole oven which is probably what you will end up doing.
There is a possibility that the circuit that provides power to the magnetron is faulty and you need to take it apart, find the proper electrical leads and test them with a volt meter. To do this you have to remove it from its mounting and take it apart. It is a fairly lengthy process however.
Posted on Apr 26, 2009
I took services of Whirlpool Service engineer who solved the problem satisfactorily. I do not know details.
I do not need your sevices for now. I shall contact you if I do.
Posted on Dec 07, 2009
Tips for a great answer:
Sep 14, 2015 | Whirlpool Microwave Ovens
Nov 22, 2014 | Microwave Ovens
Jan 09, 2013 | Microwave Ovens
May 19, 2012 | Panasonic Microwave Ovens
Aug 30, 2011 | Whirlpool WMH1162XVS Microwave Oven
Mar 31, 2011 | Whirlpool GH5176XPS Microwave Oven
Sep 18, 2010 | Whirlpool MH3184XP Microwave Oven
Jan 03, 2009 | Whirlpool GH4155XP Microwave Oven
100 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: