Question about Computers & Internet
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Sony has designed this player so it cannot have the region code changed, it is hard wired into the board as part of their copy protection scheme.
Most users have rated this player as 'junk' (sorry to be the bearer of bad news) and should be replaced.
Maybe you can sell it on Ebay.
My suggestion is that the less expensive the player the better off you will be in the long run as the cheaper brands and models use DVD drives meant for PCs and Macs. More expensive models have proprietary drives, such as Sony, and cannot be manipulated and are not very versatile in recording media and or playing copyright hacked copies of DVDs even if you own the original DVD but has been scratched.
The courts are still trying to figure out these protection measures as they are not fair use in terms of you the owner of a DVD and wanting to make your own backup copy for the kids to use.
Posted on Jun 15, 2008
1) Open the tray
2) Press SETUP on the remote.
3) Navigate to PREFERENCE menu
4) Go to PBC
5) Get in inside PBC menu so that ON is highlighted with yellow color
6) Key in 138931 and a menu will appear asking you to select region code.
7) Select REGION 0.
Posted on Sep 09, 2008
Region code hack for PHILIPS 3256 x/94
1. Go to Setup. [from remote]
2. Select the Preference Page.
3. Press 1, 3, 8, 9, 3, 1 on the Philips DVD Player remote.
--> It will show current region code [ for example 5 ]
4. Now Press the up/down key to select "0" which makes it region free.
5. Press ok and exit setup.
Probably the same would be applicable for 3258, 3268, 3986.
Posted on Jan 07, 2009
Turn on the unit with the remote controller, Wait until "no disc" appears in the unit's display. Press the keys: PAUSE, 3, 1, 4, 1, 5, 9. And "CODE" will appear in the display. Press the number key that corresponds to the disc zone you want to play within the next 5 seconds:0: All regions / 1: Region#1 / 2: R#2/... and so on. Then, within 5 seconds, press: PAUSE, POWER... and voilà. If you don't have good results, disconnect the equipment and repeat.
Put your player in standby mode and then enter: [ [ENTER] Default Default region code  [ENTER] or [UP] [ENTER] Region 1  [ENTER] or [RIGHT] [ENTER] Region 2  [ENTER] or [DOWN] [ENTER] Region 3  [ENTER] or [LEFT] [ENTER] Region 4  [ENTER] or [TITLE] [ENTER] Region 5  [ENTER] or [DVDMENU] [ENTER] Region 6  [ENTER] or [RETURN] [ENTER] Region 7  [ENTER] or [DISPLAY] [ENTER] Region 8
Put player into standby modes by pressing power button on remote control. Then press Title button. Press Clear button. Press Power button.
I found these codes for all the other DVP-SR series players, yours was not listed but I thought was worth a try.
Posted on Apr 14, 2010
1. Press the Setup button on your remote control
2. Using your remote control, highlight but do not
select the Preferences menu
3. Press the 1 button on your remote control
4. Press the 3 button on your remote control
5. Press the 8 button on your remote control
6. Press the 9 button on your remote control
7. Press the 3 button on your remote control
8. Press the 1 button on your remote control
9. Using the Up and Down buttons on your remote
control select 1 for region 1, 2 for region 2, and so on, or
0 for multi-region playback
10. Press the OK button on your remote control
11. Press the Setup button on your remote control
Posted on Aug 16, 2010
Tips for a great answer:
May 20, 2012 | Philips Televison & Video
Jul 23, 2011 | Philips DVP-3005 DVD Player
Jan 28, 2011 | Philips Televison & Video
Aug 01, 2009 | Philips DVP-3005 DVD Player
Feb 22, 2009 | Philips DVP5140 DVD Player
Sep 13, 2008 | Philips DVP5140 DVD Player
Sep 23, 2017 | Samsung Computers & Internet
34 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: