Question about Hotpoint Washing Machines
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
This is for everyone out there who has a Hotpoint Aquarius WF210 and has trouble removing the top to replace the drive belt. Ignore all the tips you've had in the past as they are innacurate. It is actually quite easy to remove the top. Once you have removed the two rear screws you will be able to lift the lid up from the back, but only a couple of inches or so as it is attached to the front panel by clips. THERE IS NO NEED TO TRY REMOVING THE FRONT PANEL. The top panel actually comes off by moving it back towards the rear of the machine. However the clips are quite tight. All you have to do is go round to the front of the washing maching and give the top a firm tap backwards with the heel of your hand. Don't worry about hitting it firmly as you won't break it. It will come off the clips and hey presto, the top is free. It is as easy as that.
I spent a day and a half trying to get the top off our machine until a friend showed me how it was done. I felt a right tw*t as you will now I've told you the solution.
Replacing the belt is quite tricky. You will have to get someone to help you hold the drum forward as far as possible while you put the belt back in place on the wheel and spigot. You will see that the bottom spigot is notched to take the belt. However, it is much wider than the belt and finding the corrrect position is tricky. It's a case of trial and error, I'm afraid. Place the belt on the bottom spigot (roughly central) and then thread it onto the top wheel. If it is too far over one way and catches the plastic drum you will have to take it off, move it forward a notch and try again. You will probably not have to purchase another belt. Ours came off, didn't look at all worn, so I placed it back on and it has gone okay ever since.
Hope this helps.
Posted on Jul 14, 2008
This is normally a signal that is for a control fault. you will need to pull the power and shut this unit down for 5 minute.. if the unit continues to flash after this reset, you will need to replace the control board/timer in this case. it has failed.
Posted on May 22, 2009
If you spin the drum by hand, and it is niosy and rumbling then the main drum bearings have failed.
If under 5 years old, then you should be able to get it repaired under Hotpoint 5 year guarantee, You just pay for labour and call out, cheapest option, it is not really a D.I.Y job, as it is quite involved, and entails a lot of work.
Please rate my advice.
Posted on May 27, 2009
Ok - I will answer my own problem seeing as though I have now fitted it!
1. remove door (2 screws)
2. There is a tensioned wire loop holding the front part of the boot seal in position. - prize off the plastic cap at the 11 o'clock position, all will become clear and you will be able to remove the wire loop.
3. Remove top of washing machine (2 allen screws behind caps at the front.
4. Remove soap dispenser draw and any screws holding the front control panel and top of the door.
5. Remove bottom front plinth (just pull it off) underneath are a couple of screws holding the front panel part of the machine, remove these.
6. Remove front of machine giving you access to the steel band which locks the other end of the boot seal in position. Slacken this band right back using a nut-spinner screwdriver. Pull off the old boot and clean the lip ready for fitting of the new boot.
7. Fit new boot seal using a squirt of washing up liquid as lubricant if needed (mine didn't) to reseat the seal.
8. Refit and tension steel band.
9. Re-assemble front panel, ease boot back into front lip position then refit wire loop using a suitable pair of pliers/molegrips to crimp the retaining plastic cap back in situ.
Posted on Nov 02, 2009
my lights are all flashing on my control panel, its takes water in then pumps out straighaway doesnt wash or spin i have changed the brushes so i know it isnt that please help it only about 3 years old
Posted on Feb 16, 2010
Tips for a great answer:
Nov 22, 2016 | Hotpoint Washing Machines
Oct 27, 2015 | Hotpoint Aquarius WD640 Front Load...
Mar 16, 2010 | Hotpoint Aquarius WF000 Front Load Washer
Oct 04, 2009 | Hotpoint Aquarius WD63 Front Load...
Jul 06, 2009 | Hotpoint Aquarius WD640 Front Load...
May 14, 2009 | Washing Machines
Feb 07, 2009 | Hotpoint Aquarius WD63 Front Load...
Nov 26, 2008 | Hotpoint Aquarius WD640 Front Load...
Sep 09, 2006 | Hotpoint Aquarius WD640 Front Load...
75 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: