Thank 4 ur advice but my laptop didnt come wid any cd. it was partitioned, nd i checked my system32 nd saw d original file. i wanted to delete it but i dont wanna temper wid ma system 32. but thankx anyway
HP's don't come with restore CD's anymore. You are able to create them once you first boot into Vista. If Restore CD's haven't been created, you'll have to order them through HP and hope your model is available.
a 6ya Technician can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repair professionals here in the US. click here to Talk to a Technician (only for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need. Goodluck!
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
best option is to concentrate on your current study now as ur only in ur first year however you should try to solve aptitude questions on a regular basis try online iq tests ***** yourself then probably when ur ready then join a regular coaching from a good institute like time etc. have a good life :)
u didnt specify wat the real problem is...
nyway is ur os is slow and consuming more time..
change os to windows xp whic consumes..less ram..
if the problem is wid isues..nd birus prblems..or registry..
get the os cd insert it into drive..restrt that ..nd repair ur os using cd..
or u can try..sytem restore..
in all programz->acessories->system tools->system restore and restore system
to another date
by using both the methods u can solve the problem widthout data loss..
you have a windows system file corruption on the c_437.nls file which is a national languages file required by windows to run.
repair this problem following these instructions-
1. Boot your computer from your Windows installation CD- ie-insert the CD and restart your computer. 2. Select 'R' for the recovery console and log on as administrator. 3. At the command prompt type the following: cd system32 then press enter 4. Then type the following: ren c_437.nls c_437.old then press enter 4. Then type the following: EXPAND D:\I386\c_437.nl_ C:\WINDOWS\system32\c_437.nls
then press enter
(If your CD drive is different than D: or your primary hard drive/partition is other than C:, substitute the appropriate drive letters.) 4. Select yes when you're prompted to overwrite the existing file. 5. Reboot the computer.
Depending on the level of file corruption, you may have to repeat this process for additional files. To do this follow the instructions above substituting the file name.
This actly stores the drivers on ur windows vista. Assuming it may hav bn corrupted, If u hav a Vista OS CD, DO follow the steps below, it wud chk for any corrupt files of the OS and wud repair it wid out losing or harming ur data.
Make Sure U login wid a ADMIN rights on vista. and RUN the following command
or u can verify the files before repairing it. Chk the image below.
do you have the cd? if so do what its saying on the screen there if you do not have a cd and it didnt come with one then you will need to access the hidden partition of your harddrive that stores the operating system files and to do that veries from each computer if you have a manual for it then it will tell you how most of the time its a key you press when it first turns on such as F10 or F 12 it will probly tell you when you first turn it on what to press but if not look it up in the owners manul
The error message refer to system files it cannot load dur to either corrupted or missing files.
You can try to do a repair with your Windows CD install disk and if this does not work you will need to reinstall Windows again together with any drivers that Windows didn't install and your programs.
Note you will lose you data in this process, hoped you backed up your files.
You are getting this problem b'cause loss of ur system file i.e. "CONFIG.SYS", Which loads ur initial files and drivers needs to start ur operating System.
You must follow the steps given below to start repairing ur System:
1. Insert the Bootable OS Disk into ur CD/DVD-ROM.
2 Reboot ur System.
3. The system will prompt You to "Press any key to boot from CD".
4. Press Any key.
5. Now the system will load all initial files and hardware driver.
6. After loading driver and files, OS will ask you for acceptence with their Terms and Conditions.
7. You must Agree with terms and condition. press F8 key for accepting terms n conditions.
8. After step 7, OS will search for the partition of ur Previously installed OS. If you have two operating system then it will show two Partitions with their name and drive letters. (You must remember the drive letter where ur OS is installed that u want to repair)
9. Now Leave that option as it is. And press Escape key.
10. Now You'll be able to see all those partitions you have on ur Hard disk, with their drive letter, Name and free space.
11. Select the partition of OS that u wanted to Repair, By Scrolling Arrow Keys. (Be carefull while selecting the Partition. If you select wrong partition then You wont be able to repair ur OS)
12. And then Press "R" Key from ur Keyboard.
13. Now OS Will search for the partition you have specified.
14 It will Delete Old system files and Copy New files (Note: You won't loose any data, Previously you had saved on ur boot partition).
15. After Step 14, OS will save the configuration and Will Reboot itself.
16. Again You will be asked for "press any key to boot from CD".Don't Press Any key at this step.
17. Now follow the wizard n specify correct information you will be asked.
18. It will take about 20 to 30 minutes to Repair ur OS.
Note: These Steps are not valid if you are using Windows Vista
so you want to know how to partition the hard disk. there are many software are available to partition the hard disk. you have the windows operating system cd. there you can partition your hard disk.now i tell you the step by step method to partition the hard disk with windows operating system cd installation.
insert the cd into the cd drive.
press the F8 key while the computer before the beep sound comes.
choose boot device to boot first, now choose the cd drive to first to boot.
it enters into the setup of the windows.
after entering into the setup it ask you to copy the windows directory into which drive.
after that option you can select the drive and format the hard disk partition the what type drive you want and how much space you want in the selected drive.