I had lost some Freeview channels. I went to the menu to go to channel mode to store channels auto/manually. I scrolled down the menu and it went from sound mode to setup mode missing out channel mode.
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need. goodluck!
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
To Re- tune your TV you have to go to the Auto tuning option in the
menu. do the following procedure for auto scan all the available
To tune the free view analogue channels do the following procedure.
1. Press the Menu/setup button on the remote. 2. Select Auto tuning and press enter. 3.Select the country and press enter. 4. Select start and press enter. The automatic tuning will search for available broadcasts and should store the channels in the correct order. During the search the sound is muted. When all programs have been stored, the normal TV screen will appear. If you can sent your email address through fixya then i will sent the user manual for Toshiba 19A 615 DB. ok .
Please follow these instructions to manually/automatically update the digital (DTV) channels on the Samsung LE26R73BD.
Please use the following buttons on your Samsung remote control to navigate the on-screen menus:
- "D.MENU" - Opens/closes the on-screen menu (below the numerical key "0") - DIRECTIONAL ARROW KEYS - To navigate up/down/left right through the on-screen menus - "ENTER/OK" - Selects/confirms a selected option (in the centre of the arrows)
Automatic Channel Scan / Update:
1. Make sure you are in digital TV mode - Press the "TV/DTV" button on the remote to switch between analogue (ATV) and digital (DTV) modes. 2. Press the "D.MENU" key 3. Highlight "Installation" (first option) and press "OK/ENTER" 4. If asked for a PIN code, enter 0 0 0 0 using the numerical keyson the remote. If you have set a different PIN code, please enter your own code here. 5. Highlight "Select County" and press "OK/ENTER" 6. Use the LEFT/RIGHT arrows to select "UK" then press "OK/ENTER" 7. Highlight "Auto Scanning" and press "ENTER/OK" 8. Highlight "Scan Mode" and use the LEFT/RIGHT arrows to set the value to "Digital" 9. Highlight "Start Frequency" and use the LEFT/RIGHT arrows to set the value to "CH 21 . . ." 10. Highlight "End Frequency" and use the LEFT/RIGHT arrows to set the value to "CH 69 . . ." 11. Highlight "Start Frequency" again and then press "OK/ENTER" to start the channel scan.
Some of the options above will already be selected so will not need to be changed. I've provided the correct settings just in case they are incorrectly set. Note: UK Freeview stations are on channels 21 to 69 inclusive.
The scan will take a few minutes to complete and the progress will be displayed. When the channel scan is complete, the menu should close automatically and the TV will return to viewing mode. If not, press either the "D.MENU" or "EXIT" button to return to watching TV.
Manual Channel Scan / Update:
1. Make sure you are in digital TV mode - Press the "TV/DTV" button on the remote to switch between analogue (ATV) and digital (DTV) modes. 2. Press the "D.MENU" key 3. Highlight "Installation" (first option) and press "OK/ENTER" 4. If asked for a PIN code, enter 0 0 0 0 using the numerical keyson the remote. If you have set a different PIN code, please enter your own code here. 5. Highlight "Select County" and press "OK/ENTER" 6. Use the LEFT/RIGHT arrows to select "UK" then press "OK/ENTER" 7. Highlight "Manual Scanning" and press "ENTER/OK" 8. Highlight "Scan Mode" and use the LEFT/RIGHT arrows to set the value to "Digital" 9. Highlight "Channel Number" and use the LEFT/RIGHT arrows to choose which channel number you wish to scan . . .
UK Freeview stations are on channels 21 to 69 inclusive. In manual tuning mode, these need to be scanned one at a time. Please note, many of these channels are "empty". UK Freeview only uses 5 of these channels (called Multiplexes or MUX) or 6 if you have HD. I am unable to tell you which 5 channels these are as they vary according to whichever transmitter or repeater station your aerial is aligned to.
10. Press "OK/ENTER" to start the channel scan. 11. Repeat steps 9 and 10 for each additonal channel you wish to scan.
Please note: Manual scanning can cause some unexpected results - particularly if your aerial has a reception from more than one transmitter/repeater. For this reason it is better to use the automatical scan unless you have a specific reason for needing to scan manually.
Hopefully this will be all you need to update the digital channels on your TV. If you have any questions or need further assistance, please let me know.
just spoke to Samsung support and it turns out that the freeview tuner had froze and needed resetting. To do this put TV on standby and then push in series these buttons on the remote: 'info, menu, mute, power' the TV will then turn itself on and display a menu. Press the 'down arrow' untill you've highlighted option 12 - 'reset' and then press the 'right arrow' to enter the option. TV will turn off and when you turn back on it will start in 'plug & play' mode as if new. Set the time and country options and then it will perform a complete scan. I've just retuned mine and all back to normal. Hoorah!!!! :-)
Updating the Channel List Automatically You can update the channel list when the broadcaster adds new Services or if you move the TV to a new location. 1. Press the MENU button to display the menu. Press the ▲ or ▼ button to select "Digital Menu", then press the ENTER button. 2. Press the ▲ or ▼ button to select "Channel", then press the ENTER button. 3. Press the ENTER button again, to select "Country". 4. Select the appropriate country by pressing the ▲ or ▼ button. Press the ENTER button to confirm your choice. Even though you have changed the country setting in this menu, the country setting for Analogue TV is not changed. (Refer to page 11 of the user guide) 5. Press the ▲ or ▼ button again, to select "Auto Store". Press the ENTER button. When it has finished, the number of scanned services will be displayed. The existing favourite channel list will not be deleted when the channel list is updated. To stop the scan before it has finished, press the ENTER button with "STOP" selected. 6. Press the EXIT button to exit. If the signal status is poor, the "No Service found! Check the aerial connection" message is displayed. Check the aerial connection and the try the procedure again. If the channel and other icons are greyed out and you cannot tune the channels press the TV/DTV button on the remote control unit so that the icon is visible again and not greyed out. This will allow you to tune the TV.
You may lose some channels when you retune the TV as the channels have been rearranged. To locate them look at the EPG although you may still find that some channels are no longer available on FREEVIEW. See the following link for additional information http://www.freeview.co.uk/_retuneinfo/ If the above process does not work then check the link above for additional information and also visit the accompanying site links below to find more information for your model of TV / FREEVIEW box. For troubleshooting the retune procedure visit http://tvretune.co.uk/troubleshooting/ For specific model information visit http://tvretune.co.uk/productmanuals/
If it is built in. Do the following.
Press the button on your tv remote that says TV/DTV.
Make sure it says DTV on the screen normally at the top corner of the screen.
Now with the Tv remote press the menu button. you should now see a menu appear go down to Auto Tune / Auto Store and press select or enter. T
his should now start searching through for you Freeview Channels. Dont be alarmed if you dont see many channel appear at the beginning of the scan as it normally goes past 75 % before they start filtering through.
If your box is a standalone then Just use the Freeview box remote and then press the menu button. go down to Install. this would then prompt if you would like to do a full search or add channels. I would do full search this will Delete all the channels previously installed and search from scratch.
Press the [i+] button on the remote control to display the DIGITAL INFO menu.
Press the BLUE button to display the MAIN MENU.
Press the UP or DOWN buttons to highlight AUTO TUNING then press the OK button to display the AUTO TUNING MENU.
Press the RED button to start the auto tuning process for all available digital channels.
Wait for the process to complete.
If you wish to CANCEL the auto tuning process whilst it is processing then press the BLUE button at any time. You may lose some channels when you retune the TV as the channels have been rearranged. To locate them look at the EPG although you may still find that some channels are no longer available on FREEVIEW. See the following link for additional information http://www.freeview.co.uk/_retuneinfo/
TV SETTING 1. Press the MENU button. 2. Use or button to select the TV setting menu, then press or button. 3. Use or button to select the Channel no. setting and use the or button to change from AIR (over-the-air broadcasts) to CABLE (cable/satellite broadcasts). 4. Use or button to select the Tuning mode and use the or button. 5. Use or button to select the Auto tune and press or button to confirm the selection. The unit will immediately search through all possible TV channels and store those channels with signals in memory. After this is complete, the unit will switch to the first channel found. 6. To exit the MAIN MENU and return to the normal screen, press the EXIT button. Note : In DVD mode, this option is not available. Remarks: 1. Channel no. : 2-69 channel for Air mode, 1-125 channel for Cable mode. 2. Tuning mode : Air or Cable mode are available. 3. Auto tune : Searches for usable stations and stores them in memory. 4. Skip : ON - Skip weak channels. OFF - No channel skip. 5. Fine tune : The frequency changes to allow fine tuning. 6. AFC : Auto frequency control. 7. MTS : Select the Mono sound/Stereo sound/Secondary Audio Program (SAP). 21 TV SETUP MTS (Multi-channel Television Sound) SETTING This feature allows reception of sound other than the main audio for the program. 1. Press the MENU button. 2. Use or button to select the TV setting menu, then press or button. 3. Use or button to select MTS menu, and press or button to select the options (Mono, Stereo, SAP) 4. To exit the MAIN MENU and return to the normal screen, press the EXIT button on remote control. Note: • MTS only operates while in TV mode. • The SAP (Secondary Audio Programs) feature allows a TV station to broadcast other information, which could be audio in another language. RESTORE SETTING If you reset the TV to the factory settings, all your present settings on picture & sound will be erased and replaced by the factory’s default settings. However, picture setting in PC mode and parental setting will not be erased.