An expert who has achieved level 2 by getting 100 points
An expert that got 5 achievements.
An expert that has over 500 points.
An expert who has answered 200 questions.
Re: no sound on the PC
Go to the manufacturer of the pc and/or the soundcard, download the soundcard driver.
Goto the control panel - system - hardware - device
Look for any devices that have a red or yellow mark next to it. Uninstall the device and reboot. When the system detects the device, load the driver U downloaded. If U have more than one device with a red or yellow mark, download the drivers for those devices and repeat the above.
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
1 Go to Device manager and look for sound and expand it.
2. Unable to find Device manager ?? Then Go to Start button, click Control Panel, click System and Maintenance, and then click Device Manager.?If you are prompted for an administrator password or confirmation, type the password or provide confirmation.
3.Make sure you don't have a symbol "!" on the Default Audio Driver.
4.If you do/don't just right click on it and go to properties and click on upgrade.
Another solution could be if you click on your sound icon at the bottom right and expand it. You might have one out of x many different sound mixer muted. Unmute them all.
If this helpful, please give a testimonial and vote by pressing button thumbs up.
1. go to Device Manager and check all drivers if nothing is missing...if yellow exclamation point.. found-update specified driver
2. In device manager under network adapter is where you check the driver if
there's no icon on it like exclamation point..
3. if all drivers are updated-tried to connect to the
4. if this is a laptop. make sure the radio button/
wireless switch is on.. in connecting the network.
5. if this is a desktop, make sure the wireless adapter is
6. if still unable to connect try to contact your service
provider and make sure you have the right WEP/ network key to connect to your
Check if the speaker is in mute. If unmute and still has no sound, unintall and reinstall the audio driver. Go to start; type device manager in the search box; in the device manager expand the sound, video and game controller and uninstall the audio driver located there. To reinstall, restart the NB, the driver will be reinstalled automatically.Also you may try connecting a headset, if it has sound when headphone is connected then the problem is the speaker.
You need to update your sound drivers,to do this go to start menu on your computer and type in the word "device manager",select it from a list of options and click on it you will see a list of components/devices that are working with your computer select the "sound" component.
Click on it and you will see your sound driver,right click the sound driver and you will see a list of options select "update driver software" this automatically search for updates,download them and install it in your computer.
You will have to restart your system for the update to work properly.
Sounds like you need an audio driver if there's indeed a sound card or on-board audio device present. Will need the make and model of your PC to help locating a driver. Also, have you checked your "Device Manager", does it have any devices with a yellow exclamation mark?
Thanks for asking for solution,I would require some additional info.
1. Does windows media player give you an error while playing the file ?
2. Is the problem only in windows media player ? eg, are you getting windows startup sound.
In the meantime try system restore , take the computer back to the date when it was working fine.
ps: do let me know the make of the sound card and which windows operating system you are using