Question about Whirlpool WTW5300SQ Top Load Washer
I have a Whirlpool WTW5300 SQ washing machine and it just started leaking water out the front. We checked it out and noticed it was leaking from a white plastic part under the washer. Possibly the pump? How can this be fixed? Please help!
The water pump is the front and has probably failed.
To access the pump, lift the console by one of three ways.
1. Look in the back of the console, in each corner there will be a screw, unscrew until the console can be pushed forward.
2. The trim on either side can be pried off from the top, grasp and pull forward to expose to expose a screw.
3. Insert a putty knife under each corner, push to release a latch. With console lifted:
1. You will find a lid switch connector (white or gray in color). Unplug the switch from the connector.
2. There will be two brass colored clips. Place a flat blade screwdriver straight down into the opening on top of the washer and into the groove of the clip. Push the screwdriver down and away from you and the clip will release.
3. Open the lid of the washer and place your hand under the front rim of the opening (DO NOT grab the wash tub). Tilt and slide cabinet forward to remove.
The pump is mounted to the motor with two spring clips. Look at the face of the pump for any signs of melting or blistering. (grey bubbling)
Posted on Jun 15, 2008
a 6ya Repairman can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repair professionals here in the US.
click here to Talk to a Repairman (only for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Jan 06, 2013 | Whirlpool LHW0050PQ Front Load Washer
Feb 25, 2012 | Whirlpool Washing Machines
Dec 26, 2010 | Whirlpool WTW5300SQ Top Load Washer
Feb 26, 2010 | Whirlpool GHW9150 Front Load Washer
Jun 21, 2009 | Whirlpool LSQ8000 Top Load Washer
Nov 16, 2008 | LG WM2487H Front Load Washer
Jun 21, 2008 | Whirlpool Washing Machines
Apr 19, 2008 | Whirlpool Washing Machines
466 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: