Question about Heating & Cooling

Open Question

Where is located the orifice tube for 2003 dodge ram 1500 4.7 engine

Posted by on


6 Suggested Answers

  • 2 Answers

SOURCE: I have freestanding Series 8 dishwasher. Lately during the filling cycle water hammer is occurring. How can this be resolved

Hi there,
Save hours of searching online or wasting money on unnecessary repairs by talking to a 6YA Expert who can help you resolve this issue over the phone in a minute or two.

Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.

Here's a link to this great service

Good luck!

Posted on Jan 02, 2017

  • 17970 Answers

SOURCE: 2003 F150 need to know

In a Ford CCOT system, the orifice tube must be located in the liquid line between the outlet of the condenser and the inlet of the evaporator. On the 02 F-series with V8, it is located in the evaporator inlet port, a pretty common point for Ford to put it. You have to remove the inlet line and then you can access the orifice tube. Check this diagram like a reference guide (click image for zoom)...


This is for an 2001 F-150... the orifice tube is located in the bottom line from the evaporator to the bottom line to the condenser (click image for zoom)...



Hope this helps.

Posted on Sep 09, 2011

  • 6674 Answers

SOURCE: belt diagram 2004 5.7 liter engine dodge ram 1500 1/2 ton 4x4

click on this link, and scroll down to 5.7L

Posted on Dec 22, 2008

  • 114 Answers

SOURCE: fuel filter removal for dodge ram 1500 2003 model

The combination fuel filter and fuel pressure regulator is used on all engines. It is located on the top of the fuel pump module. A separate frame mounted fuel filter is not used with any engine.
Both fuel filters (at bottom of fuel pump module and within fuel pressure regulator) are designed for extended service. They do not require normal scheduled maintenance.

Posted on Mar 22, 2009

  • 3854 Answers

SOURCE: location of oxygen sensor

I believe you may have three (3) O2 sensor, (2) of the sensor is on ether side of the exhaust down pipe and some times called up stream O2 sensor, the third O2 sensor know to some as the down stream O2 and is after the Catalytic converter.
The up stream O2 monitors the left and right side banks and sends signals to the ECM to make the adjustments to the injectors to keep the proper air/fuel ratio. 
The down stream O2 monitors the catalytic converter and sends signal to the ECM if the catalytic converter has gone bad.
Good luck and hope this helps. If you get it scanned at Auto Zone, they should be able to let you know which O2 has gone bad so as to not change all three. You could always check the wire harness to the down stream O2 for corrosion. Keep me posted

Posted on May 29, 2009

  • 5 Answers

SOURCE: Reverse light switch on 1995 Dodge Ram 1500

switch is just above trans pan and below shift linkage requires a thin (crome 1" socket) to remove

Posted on Jun 02, 2009

Add Your Answer

Uploading: 0%


Complete. Click "Add" to insert your video. Add



Related Questions:

1 Answer

Where is the orifice tube located on my 2003 Dakota

Should be in the suction like going to the accumulator.

Jul 08, 2015 | Cars & Trucks

1 Answer

Where is the orifice tube on a 2006 dodge ram 1500

It is what is called a fix orifice made in to the high side line.. the small line on passenger side of truck .look for a crimp in line and that is were it is . I have seen them put the orifice at the condenser behind grill.

Jun 19, 2015 | 2006 Dodge Ram 1500

1 Answer

What is the location, and removal process, for the orifice tube / expansion valve for the 1998 Dodge Ram 1500 5.9 litre V-8 Magnum truck?

It's located in the liquid line between the condenser and evaporator. It can not be removed. You must replace this line.

Jul 13, 2014 | 1999 Dodge Ram

1 Answer

Ac orifice tube located

should have orifice tube in the evaporator inlet line tube going into firewall.

May 22, 2013 | Dodge Cars & Trucks

1 Answer

Need to know where the oil tube dipstick goes on a 2005 dodge ram 1500.

3 different engines but 2 are in the same location. I gave you diagrams for them both. I hope this helps you and good luck.


May 04, 2011 | 2005 Dodge Ram 1500

1 Answer

I have a 1995 Dodge Ram 1500 V6. When the A/C

if the compressor is cycling the problem is not the fixed orfice, it is very likely the temperature control blend door actuator has failed and the blend door is stuck in the heated air position. .

Sep 16, 2009 | 1995 Dodge Ram

1 Answer

I need the location of the oil pump on a 1998 dodge ram

Remove the oil pan, it is mounted at the rear of the engine with a tube and screen attached. Be sure to prime the new pump before installing it.

May 12, 2009 | 1998 Dodge Ram 1500 4WD

1 Answer

Oil pump

remove oil pan from engine..oil pump is bolted to rear main bearing cap of engine..pickup tube may be plugged if you're having an oil pressure issue

Mar 24, 2009 | 1998 Dodge Ram 1500 4WD

1 Answer

I need to locate the fixed orifice tube on my 2006 Dodge 2500 4x4

the orfice tube is located behind the passenger battery box.You have to either buy a new line from the dealer or buy a replacement orfice tube with metal housing from the autoparts.

Feb 01, 2009 | 2006 Dodge Ram 2500

Not finding what you are looking for?
Heating & Cooling Logo

Related Topics:

2,738 people viewed this question

Ask a Question

Usually answered in minutes!

Top Heating & Cooling Experts

Paul Carew

Level 3 Expert

3411 Answers


Level 3 Expert

83850 Answers

john h

Level 3 Expert

19466 Answers

Are you a Heating and Cooling Expert? Answer questions, earn points and help others

Answer questions

Manuals & User Guides