MY TomTom GO 920 is not recognized when I attach via USB to my laptop. There is a connection because the power light is on, but it never asks me if I want to connect to computer. USB controller states...
TomTom tries to connect to a specific drive that might be taken by
another app (i.e. DVDFab Virtual Drive, or others drive virtualisers, or
perhaps the drive is mapped to something else), with that in mind, here
is the solution:
1) Connect your TomTom and wait until it connects to your PC;
2) In Windows go to 'Start';
3) Right-click 'Computer';
4) Select 'Manage', to open the 'Computer Management';
5) Expand 'Device Manager';
6) On the right-side screen expand 'Portable Devices', check for yellow-triangles with Exclamation mark inside;
7) Take note of the drive letter;
8) On the left-side, expand 'Storage';
9) Click on 'Disk Management';
Now, on the right-side, scroll-down and look for the drive letter you
noted before in Step '7', where you see Disk 0,..., Disk 1, ..., Disk 2,
and so on;
11) You'll probably see that drive letter assigned as
the one TomTom is trying to use, so right click it and choose 'Change
Drive Letter and Paths...';
12) when the window pops up, click the Letter and then the button 'Remove';
13) Press 'OK' to close the window;
14) Unplug your TomTom and Reconnect it.........
Windows should now recognize your device.
Hope it helps and Good Luck!
Jun 19, 2010 |
Tomtom GO 920T GPS