Question about Coleman Heating & Cooling
Http://www.mrheater.com/ProductFamily.aspx?catid=41 If Spark electrode produces spark but pilot does not light.
Which model do you have?
If Spark electrode does not produce spark.
• Spark electrode broken - replace ODS (Oxygen Depletion Sensor).
• Igniter wire may not be attached to spark electrode.
• Igniter wire damaged - replace.
• Piezo igniter defective - replace control valve.
• No gas to heater - install disposable cylinder or connect hose and filter where required and turn on valve at remote cylinder.
• "PILOT" position not properly aligned - turn gas control knob to "PILOT" position and depress.
• Pilot is blocked from spider web or dirt - clean pilot, see MAINTENANCE.
If Pilot flame does not stay lit when knob is released.
• Control knob in "PILOT" position not completely depressed or held in long enough to purge air from lines.
• Pilot flame not surrounding thermocouple - clean pilot, see MAINTENANCE.
• Pilot Assembly defective - replace.
• Tip switch wires disconnected - connect.
If Main burner does not ignite.
• Main burner orifice is blocked - clean burner, see MAINTENANCE.
If Heater keeps shutting "OFF" during normal operation.
• Pilot is blocked - clean pilot, see MAINTENANCE.
• Provide minimum fresh air opening of 9 square inches (example 3" x 3" opening).
• Tip over switch activated from bumping heater. Re-light.
• Regulator defective - Replace regulator.
• Internal contamination - Replace control valve and regulator.
• Call Technical Services for additional information.
One can ask Mr. Heater a question at the following website:
If Spark electrode produces spark but pilot does not light.
Posted on Nov 06, 2010
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of.(from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones)
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Feb 03, 2016 | Mr Heater Base Camp Portable Buddy Propane...
Feb 24, 2015 | Mr Heater Base Camp Portable Buddy Propane...
Nov 30, 2013 | Mr. Heater MH9B Ceramic Utility
Apr 09, 2013 | Mr. Heater Mr Heater Portable Buddy...
Sep 16, 2011 | Mr. Heater Big Buddy Heater
Feb 21, 2011 | Mr. Heater Big Buddy Heater
Jan 30, 2011 | Mr. Heater Mr Heater Portable Buddy...
Nov 17, 2009 | Mr. Heater MH9B Ceramic Utility
Jan 19, 2009 | Mr. Heater (F274825)
Dec 10, 2017 | Coleman Heating & Cooling
1,180 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!