Question about IBM ThinkPad X31 2672 Notebook
A 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
The service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Hi, there is a switch usually on T series laptop. But some models dont so if you dont find a swtich anywhere near the front or the sides, you need to reinstall the drivers. Desactivate the device and enable it again may do the trick (Start->settings->Network Connections-> Wireless network connection (right-click then desable... wait until you see the device going gray then right-click enable. Try that and if you still have issues, let me know.
Posted on Jun 08, 2009
How did you set the password?
Did you buy this laptop from someone?
If you did you need to get the password from that person.
There is no backdoor password available and removing the BIOS battery will not remove the passowrd because the password is stored on an EEPROM chip.
You need the password to boot up the laptop and then into the BIOS configuration to remove the power on password.
Posted on Jun 24, 2009
I had the same issue. Here's what I did. Not sure if it will work for you. But give it a try.
1) turn on the machine and press "F2" to go into set up.
2) Press alt-p seven times to go to the last page.
3)Press the down arrow to highlight HDD password. Set a password as instructed and reboot the machine.
4) You can remove this password later once your machine starts fine.
Even if you didn't get try this too.
1. Make bootable CD which contains Norton Ghost or other disk image software
2. Boot your system using bootable CD with Norton Ghost software, u can use Hiren's CD ISO image. If u don't know about hiren just google it.
2. Once you boot up , open Norton Ghost click LOCAL-> PARTITION->FROM IMAGE
3. Now "look in" for "[DellRestore]FAT drive" and select this drive (this is recovery partition)
4. Now go to "IMG" folder and select FI.GHO file
5. Click Open and there you go... Process started
Posted on Jan 28, 2010
SOURCE: PASSWORD COMOS IBM THINK PAD R50
Hi, If you are talking about the Boot, HDD, Bios password, then the only one way to recover it is to implement a chip on the systemboard to shorcut the protection or to contact Lenovo for a systemboard replacement. Unfortunalty, no other ways other round. Thanks and have a nice day J-
Posted on Jun 08, 2010
Tips for a great answer:
Aug 03, 2011 | IBM ThinkPad X31 Notebook
Jun 22, 2011 | IBM ThinkPad X31 2672 Notebook
May 31, 2011 | IBM ThinkPad X31 Notebook
May 30, 2011 | IBM ThinkPad X31 Notebook
Mar 26, 2017 | IBM ThinkPad X32 Notebook
Jan 16, 2010 | IBM ThinkPad X31 2672 Notebook
Nov 26, 2009 | IBM ThinkPad X31 Notebook
Oct 02, 2009 | IBM ThinkPad X31 Notebook
Jun 19, 2009 | IBM ThinkPad X31 2672 Notebook
267 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!