Question about Acer Aspire 4720 Notebook
Run System In Safe Mode:
To identify the root cause of theproblem, first of all restart your system, press and hold F8 key. Do thefollowing once you are on the desktop.
1. Right click on Computer.
2. Select Manage.
3. Click on Event Viewer in computer management.
4. Double click on Application.
5. Check for the errors.
6. Similarly double click on System and check for the errors.
7. Search for the solution to this problem. Now you are able to easily diagnosewhy Windows laptop starts up very slow. b> Limit your Startup list: A long list of programs in startupcan adversely affect the performance of your PC. There are some programsrunning in the background without knowledge of user that causes Windows laptopto start slower. To solve the problem, follow the steps given below. 1. Click on Start button.
2. Type "msconfig" in search option.
3. Double click on the file.
4. Click on Startup.
5. Uncheck all unwanted programs.
6. Close system configuration utility.
7. You are done. b> Uninstall unwanted program: Sometimes Windows laptop starts upvery slow due to unwanted programs hogging your memory. To fix this problem,below are some steps. 1. Click on Start button on thetaskbar.
2. Go to Control Panel.
3. Double click on Add or Remove Programs.
4. In the list of programs, select the program that you no longer needed.
5. Click on Remove button.
6. Repeat step 4 for all unwanted programs.
7. You are done. b> Scan System for Viruses: Windows laptop may start slower due to any virus onyour computer. To solve this problem you should scan your system with somepowerful antivirus program. b> Run Disk Clean Up: Running disk clean up utility isalso helpful to resolve slow Windows start up. To run disk clean up utility,here are the steps given: 1. Click on Start button.
2. Go to All Programs.
3. Click on Accessories.
4. Now click on System tools.
5. Click on Disk clean up. b> Defrag hard disk: 1. Click on Start button.
2. Go to Command Prompt.
3. Type "chkdsk" and press Enter. b> Defrag Registry: You mayuse some safe program such as McAfee secured RegInOut to fix registry relatedissues.
Posted on Jun 29, 2011
Try to turn off the laptop, then remove the cables and battery on it. Then press and hold the power button for 8 secs. Then, reinsert the cables and battery. Wait for 1 minute, then turn on the pc. If it still slow, check your pc if you have a lot of files installed. Try to remove unnecesary files.
Posted on Nov 06, 2010
Save hours of searching online or wasting money on unnecessary repairs by talking to a 6YA Expert who can help you resolve this issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
Here's a link to this great service
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Feb 17, 2014 | Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium 64BIT...
Aug 21, 2012 | Samsung N150 Netbook
May 22, 2012 | Computers & Internet
Feb 12, 2012 | Dell Inspiron B130 Notebook
Jul 15, 2010 | HP Pavillion G50-111NR Notebook
Jun 14, 2010 | Acer Computers & Internet
May 04, 2008 | Acer Aspire 5600 Series 5630-6951 Laptop
60 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: