Got locked out of my droid eris cliked forgot pattern wont take google acount info
You can try the following solutions:
*** (See below steps first) Once you are on the phone, you can pull down the top menu and look at
email, texts, etc. (anything in the notification bar) - Just open up
an email and click on a link, you will get a notification to go to
settings to turn on WIFI.***
1. Change your password on your Gmail account.
1A. **Use your USB cable to hook the phone up to your PC/Laptop** (this may not
have to be done)
2. Make a call to your phone.
2A. ***Turn on the WIFI on the phone*** (info up top)
3. While on the call, pull down the top menu and tap the sign in/
4. A menu will pop up and ask you to put in your password to
authenticate. (still on the call while doing this) Pull up the
keyboard by tapping in the password box or you can hit the menu key to
get it to come up. Put in your new password and let it try to
authenticate. (it cant because you are on the phone but let it try and
give you the message that it is unable to authenticate)
4A. **It may authenticate and sign in**, but when the called
ends, you may have to perform step 5...
5. Once you end the call, go back to the screen that says enter your Gmail username (Your Gmail email address or just try your Gmail username without the @gmail.com after it) and password. Enter this
6. It should ask you to set a new unlock pattern. If so, do the pattern twice
and you should end up at your home page!
If the above fix does not work, you can try the following:
Note: Before doing the following fix, you may want to call your cellular provider's customer service department for assistance.
I say this because the following will Hard Reset your phone which erases everything on the phone's internal memory and brings it back to a factory state like when you first bought it.
This will delete your contacts and everything saved on the phone's INTERNAL/BUILT IN memory.
If you have a backup of your data/contacts, don't worry about it because you will be able to restore them after you Hard Reset the phone.
Here is how you hard reset your HTC Droid Eris:
1. With the Eris turned off, press and hold the Volume
Down and Send buttons.
2. Press the Power button.
3. Follow the instructions to complete the hard reset.
Once the hard reset is complete, your phone should boot back up and you will have to set all of your personal settings again and load your data/contact backups if you have them and then your phone should be back to normal!
I hope this helps!
Jun 02, 2010 |
HTC DROID ERIS Cell Phone