Question about Brother HL 2140 Laser Printer
This problem can occur on Microsoft Windows XP, Microsoft Windows NT 4.0, or Microsoft Windows 2000, if you set permissions in the Windows registry that prevent the necessary information from being written. The registry key in question is:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\OfficeIf the permissions on this key or its subkeys are set so that the Windows Installer cannot update the key
On the Edit menu, click Permissions.
Posted on Nov 07, 2010
Hi Good day!!! Re install your driver.
Try this step hope it helps you
Before you start the driver installation, please make sure the followings:
* For USB interface cable users:
1. Do not connect the interface cable yet.
2. Please be sure that the length of the USB cable does not exceed 6 feets (2 meters).
* If a message regarding "Windows Logo testing" appears, click Continue Anyway.
* Your machine is not supporting Windows® 95/98/Me/ Windows NT® 4.0.
For details, please check the machine specification. The latest User's Guide is available in the Manuals section.
* If the "Found New Hardware Wizard" appears on your computer, click Cancel.
Installing the driver and connecting the printer to your computer.
1. Turn off the printer power switch.
2. Make sure the USB interface cable is NOT connected to the printer, and then begin installing the driver. If you have already connected the cable, remove it.
3. Turn on your computer. You must be logged on with Administrator rights.
4. Put the supplied Brother CD-ROM into your CD-ROM driver. The opening screen will appear automatically. Choose your printer model and language.
If the opening screen does not appear, use "Windows Explorer" to run the "start.exe" program from the root folder of the Brother CD-ROM.
5. Click "Install Printer Driver" on the menu screen.
Choose the I"nstall Printer Driver" icon for your region.
6. Click USB cable users.
For Windows Vista®, when the "User Account Control" screen appears, click 'Continue'.
7. When the "License Agreement" window appears, click 'Yes' if you agree to the License Agreement.
8. When next screen appears, make sure the printer power switch is on. Connect the USB interface cable to your computer and then connect it to the printer. Click 'next'.
The USB interface port is located on the back of the printer behind a label stating "Install software first "remove the label to connect the cable. For HL-2170W users, there are two ports on the back of the printer. Be sure to connect to the USB port. Do not connect the USB cable to lower port which is the Ethernet port.
9. Click 'Finish'.
If you want to register your product on -line, check "On- Line Registration".
If you do not want to set your printer as Default printer, uncheck "Set as Default Printer".
Setup is now complete.
Reply if you have question i will assist you more
Thank you for using FixYa
Please accept if my solution helps you thank you!!!.
Posted on Nov 06, 2010
Save hours of searching online or wasting money on unnecessary repairs by talking to a 6YA Expert who can help you resolve this issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
Here's a link to this great service
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Feb 10, 2014 | Brother HL 2140 Laser Printer
Aug 11, 2012 | Brother HL 2140 Laser Printer
May 20, 2011 | Digital Products Brother HL-2040 Laser...
Mar 19, 2011 | Brother HL 2140 Laser Printer
Dec 29, 2010 | Brother HL-2040 Laser Printer
Nov 18, 2010 | Brother HL 2140 Laser Printer
Sep 30, 2010 | Brother HL-2040 Laser Printer
Aug 24, 2010 | Brother HL 2140 Laser Printer
Oct 26, 2009 | Brother HL 2140 Laser Printer
Feb 28, 2009 | Brother HL 2140 Laser Printer
854 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: