Question about Kenmore Dishwashers
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
I have a Quiet Guard 4. Same problem so will describe my solution.
1. Remove bottom basket. Remove top basket.
2. Remove bottom washing arm. Unscrew (Gently but firmly) the centre post. Lift arm assembly up and out.
3. Remove overhead conduit. One screw at back, one at top (Philips #2 bit). Rotate whole assembly 45 deg right (Clockwise) and lift off of centre post.
4. Remove centre post (Pull straight up). Remove 4 screws (Star T-20 bit). Lift whole assembly out. Pop off screen and clean.
5. Remove cap over cutter/chopper. There is a single screw at front left (under assembly removed in 4). Remove screw (Star T-15 bit) and cap (Needs some wiggling to free it up). Remove cutter and filter. It is on a spring loaded pin. Pull the cutter blade foreward and then the filter disc straight up. Clean thoroughly as it may be the cause of your problems.
Reassimble. Good luck!
Posted on Jan 02, 2009
The following suggestions will greatly enhance the ability of your dishwasher to clean all of the dishes thoroughly:
1. Rinse all of the food off of the dishes before you put them in the dishwasher.
2. Run the hot water into the sink until it is as hot as it gets before you start the dishwasher.
3. Do not pack the dishes into the dishwasher, just put in a reasonable number without crowding or stacking them on either shelf.
4. Pull the top shelf all the way out to be sure that the water connection at the rear of the top shelf is connected. Sometimes, this connector comes disconnected preventing the water from entering the top spray assembly.
THese things should make a huge difference.
Good luck with this and please rate my answer. Thanks. Joe
Posted on Feb 03, 2009
your model is pretty new. just so you know your warrenty is 1 year parts and labor. 2 years on parts. it should not cost that much money.
there are two components that start before the circulation pump.(wash noise you hear)
first sounds you hear will be the drain pump. usually rattling noises if something is in it but it can make a hum noise if something is jamming the drain propeller up. which is accessible with a T20 torx driver. take the filters out and the mesh filter. and unscrew the screw in the base towards the left. pull out whatever is lodged.
the other humming sound can come from the next component that activates is the watervalve. make sure you dont have a kinked water intake line. otherwise its a bad valve. i have had to change a few of those water valves out already but not for a hum noise on your model. you have a new style water valve. when brands make new parts we get problems fast sometimes..
Posted on Mar 19, 2009
Tips for a great answer:
Dec 03, 2015 | Washing Machines
May 24, 2013 | Dishwashers
Oct 07, 2011 | Frigidaire Professional Series 24 in....
Jul 28, 2010 | Whirlpool Ultimate Care II LSQ9549L Top...
Feb 14, 2009 | Bosch 24 in. SHE44C02UC / SHE44C06UC /...
Dec 20, 2008 | KitchenAid KAWS700L Top Load Washer
Aug 04, 2008 | Kenmore 46462 Front Load Washer
Aug 17, 2007 | Whirlpool LSB6200KQ Top Load Washer
Jul 28, 2007 | Whirlpool LHW0050PQ Front Load Washer
Aug 19, 2017 | Kenmore Dishwashers
40 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: