Question about HP Printers & Copiers
Do a power drain. This is done by pulling out the power cable and then holding the on/off button for a minute, then putting the power cable back in (this didn't work).
Then we did a master reset. Unplug the printer, then pressing the help and ok buttons simultaneously plug it back in. This sorted it. :)
For me it works!!
Posted on Jun 21, 2008
Tips for a great answer:
Solved! I now can scan wirelessly throughout my network. I downloaded the drivers for a friends newer HP all-in-one scanner and I can scan. Look for the driver for the 309a series of printers and install it. Complete the install and set up your existing printer. You can now scan, print, fax wirelessly. It includes updated HP apps for these functions that work with OS 10.5. I didn't upgrade to the HP 1.1 drivers through Apple. The file name is: PS_AIO_05_C309a_Net_Full_Mac_WW_102.dmg
May 24, 2011 | HP Photosmart C6180 All-In-One InkJet...
Press and hold the "left arrow" key.
Press the "Setup" key and release both keys.
Display should say "Enter Special Key Combo"
Press and release the "OK" button
1. Press and release the right arrow button until the display says "System Configuration Menu".
2. Press and release the "OK" button.
3. Display should say "Hardware failure status". If not there already, Arrow Key over to "Hardware failure status",
4. Press and release the "OK" button.
5. Display should say "Hardware failure status: Clear. Press OK to clear".
6. Press and release the "OK" Button. Message changes to "Hardware failure status Cleared. Press Cancel to continue".
7. Press and release the "CANCEL" button as many times as necessary, so that, either the "Welcome to Photosmart Express" screen appears, or, the "Ink System Failure" screen appears. PLEASE DO NOT TRY TO PRINT AT THIS STAGE.
8. Using the Power Button, turn the unit OFF and unplug the power cable from back of the printer and wall outlet.
9. Wait 30 seconds for the power to get discharged and then plug the power cable into the wall outlet first and then into the back of the printer
10. Turn the unit on. The printer may display message "USE POWER BUTTON TO SHUTDOWN THE PRINTER" followed by "PRESS OK TO CONTINUE". Press OK.
11. If the printer has already initialized, then go to the next step. If not, the printer will start the "ONE TIME INK INITIALIZATION PROCESS". Allow this process to complete and do not interrupt. Once the initialization process is complete, the printer will print out a Diagnostic Page.
12. To verify printer functionality print a SELF TEST PAGE. If SELF TEST prints, then printer is ready for use.
May 04, 2011 | HP - HP Photosmart 8250 printer
Nov 01, 2010 | HP Photosmart 2575 All-In-One InkJet...
Mar 08, 2010 | HP Printers & Copiers
Jan 19, 2010 | HP Photosmart C4180 All-In-One InkJet...
Dec 31, 2009 | HP Photosmart C6180 All-In-One InkJet...
Mar 22, 2009 | HP Photosmart C6100 All-In-One Printer
May 28, 2008 | HP Photosmart C6180 All-In-One InkJet...
Nov 16, 2007 | HP Photosmart 3310 Printer
798 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: