Question about Northern Industrial Tools Northern Industrial Portable Vertical Air Compressor 21-Gallon

1 Answer

I have an older Northern Tool Air Compressor model 192000, 2.5 hp. I have broken a part for it and can't find a replacement so far in the hardware stores nearby (nearest Northern Tool is 75 miles). I don't know the part name for sure. On the Pressure Reducer unit there is a small part with a 1/4" female attachment that screws onto the pressure reducer. On the other end of this piece is a male attachment to which hose snap attachment is affixed. This piece has a red handle that moves 180 degrees, opening or closing the air pressure. Could you assist me with the name for this part, and also with where I could find a replacement. The male end of mine snapped off when I inadvertently grabbed onto it when trying to move the unit which was stuck under a bench. Thanks for any assistance you can offer. Brent Lane

Posted by on


1 Answer

  • Level 3:

    An expert who has achieved level 3 by getting 1000 points


    An expert that got 10 achievements.


    An expert that got 5 achievements.


    An expert whose answer got voted for 500 times.

  • Northern Ind... Master
  • 1,388 Answers

This part is called a ball valve. To verify search ebay for the following ~ air ball valve 1/4

This part may be sold at Lowes or home depot. Good Luck

Posted on Nov 05, 2010


1 Suggested Answer

  • 2 Answers

SOURCE: I have freestanding Series 8 dishwasher. Lately during the filling cycle water hammer is occurring. How can this be resolved

a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of.(from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones)
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.

Posted on Jan 02, 2017


Add Your Answer

Uploading: 0%


Complete. Click "Add" to insert your video. Add



Related Questions:

1 Answer


contact Northern Tool,scroll down the page and you will see parts offered as well as a phone number
FREE SHIPPING NorthStar Air Compressor Pump 2 Stage 3 Cylinder 14 9 CFM 90...

May 04, 2016 | Northstar Air Compressor Pump 569cc, 22.9...

1 Answer

Supply tub to tank

That is really not a hard part to find. You should be able to remove the broken one and take the whole tube into a hardware store and they can replace it for you. It should be a copper tubing with flare nuts on the ends. If not please post the model number of the compressor

Apr 27, 2013 | Magnum Air 2 HP 5 Gallon Twin Tank Air...

1 Answer

Looking for the part no. for the Ingersoll Rand mod. RA250E20, presure switch

The pressure switch part no. is 97264550. Where can you buy parts for this model? I need a valve plate.

Aug 26, 2010 | Northern Tool Air Pressure Switch For...

1 Answer

My compressor will not operate, I have had it for about 8 months and it has worked fine until now. I have tried several outlets and nothing. I think it is a fuse, but not sure, where is the fuse located on...

Often there is a button on the motor, usually on the back that isa thermsl breaker reset. There usually is NOT a fuse.

Other failures are defective plugs/cord/connections. Failure of pressure switch.

Nov 27, 2009 | Northern Tool Air Tools & Compressors

1 Answer

Compressor with head unloaders. Do I use a check valve with unloader port or a switch with a unloader on it?

Honestly you can use either. Some compressors come with both. My personal preference is the head mounted unloader valve because it's far more reliable and a lot less complicated.

However if you use a switch mounted unloader valve you can connect the tubing to either the head or the tank check valve.
Anywhere on the backside (between the check valve to the head), of the tank check valve is fine

Nov 14, 2009 | Northern Industrial 2 Hp 6 Gallons...

2 Answers

Need connecting rod for Sanborn type ''143'' air compressor pump

if you cant find the part ,just get a new compressor that is about the same as the old one.Not a complete unit,just the compressor.Northern tools sells many types of replacement units

Dec 14, 2008 | Air Tools & Compressors

Not finding what you are looking for?
Northern Industrial Tools Northern Industrial Portable Vertical Air Compressor 21-Gallon Logo

Related Topics:

201 people viewed this question

Ask a Question

Usually answered in minutes!

Top Northern Industrial Tools Air Tools & Compressors Experts

John Trevino

Level 3 Expert

1388 Answers

Joe Garcia
Joe Garcia

Level 2 Expert

205 Answers

Brad Brown

Level 3 Expert

16210 Answers

Are you a Northern Industrial Tools Air Tool and Compressor Expert? Answer questions, earn points and help others

Answer questions

Manuals & User Guides