Question about Televison & Video

Open Question

I have a Sony KP57WS510 and I need to replace the convergence chips. I need to know a part number to see if the local repair shops stock the parts. Can you help?

Posted by on


6 Suggested Answers

  • 2 Answers

SOURCE: I have freestanding Series 8 dishwasher. Lately during the filling cycle water hammer is occurring. How can this be resolved

Hi there,
Save hours of searching online or wasting money on unnecessary repairs by talking to a 6YA Expert who can help you resolve this issue over the phone in a minute or two.

Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.

Here's a link to this great service

Good luck!

Posted on Jan 02, 2017

  • 3130 Answers

SOURCE: color convergence chip

The system will not let me post to a link, I wrote: OK first off, as you stated, you will for sure need an original replacement remote for this TV set to make any types of alignments. You may also have a friend relative or maybe a neighbor who may have a remote you could borrow. If not, there is one available here Now the convergence IC's, there are two of them that will need to be replaced, the number is STK392-560 You can get the original Sanyo IC's from HERE You will also need to get some heat sink compound and apply to the backs of the new IC's before you install them. Now after all is said and done, before you plug in the set, take a multimeter and check resistors R 8122,and resistor R8127. These two resistors supply the voltage to the IC's. They are 7.5 ohm resistors. The R8122 carries the negative 22 volts and the R8127 brings the positive voltage to the IC's. Next, check the circuit protectors around the IC's also. They are PS8001,8002,8003,8004,8005 and PS8006 and make sure these are not open. These circuit protectors are nothing more then 3.2 amp fuses. I do not have the KP46WT510 service manual, so you will have to go to Good Luck

Posted on Aug 01, 2007

  • 1 Answer


I replaced the Convergence IC Chip STK392-110 for my PT-53WX42 Panasonic HD Rear Projection TV but I found burnt resistor(resistor #)R7053,R7002 & R7005.Can someone tell me the part# ,description,resistor value and power rating.I don't have the schematic to look .Thanks

Posted on Sep 08, 2007

  • 2712 Answers

SOURCE: Hitachi blue convergence problem. Parts?

1. Try this - hold the menu button down for 10 seconds. TV should power up; you will have to turn off front panel buttons on menu.

2. You can also try plugging in the TV through the USB on its panel to a computer or USB charger, and it may work. However, this is only a temporary solution.

3. Powering down the set or putting it in standby may have allowed the power supply to cool. Weak capacitors often go out of spec when they cool, thus preventing a section of the power supply from firing up properly again. There is a simple trick...just warm the back of the TV with a hair dryer for 5-7 mins after you have unplugged the TV. Look for the little areas of holes in the back panel of TV. Use these as your guide at where to use the hairdryer, but don't hold the dryer too close (say 5-6inches away). (Make sure the dryer is on High heat). If the TV doesn't turn on after you have heated it up (like it tries to come on but then turns off) you need to unplug the TV again, this resets it. And repeat those steps till it works. Resetting the TV after it fails to turn on is the key. Also, just leave the TV on. Don't turn in off. Since it is LCD, it doesn't take much power...only a few bucks extra a month for your utility bill.

4. A circuit board may crack about some of the larger components mounted on it. You can inspect the PCB's for fractures, and then repair them. It may also be poor soldering that has failed. I would be checking for these things first.

5. If you want to go in for a long term solution, you can easily replace the whole power board or just change the faulty capacitors. You will have to open the back panel and take a look. You can make out which are faulty, because their caps will be swollen on top. Here's a sample pic (not same model):
Check the specifications of the faulty capacitors, and get the replacements from your local electronics shop. If you are comfortable with this, you can use a pair of needle nose pliers to G-E-N-T-L-Y pull out the defunct capacitors. Once that is done, solder in the new capacitors carefully. If are unsure how to do this, try to get a friend who knows how to do this kinda stuff do it for you, or get a qualified technician. Warning: If you do not have a background in electronics repair, or are inexperienced, get a qualified technician to do it for you.

REMEMBER there are very dangerous voltages inside a TV that can KILL. Be sure to work SAFE when dealing with electricity. DISCONNECT THE POWER BEFORE YOU DO ANYTHING.

Hope that helps!

If your issue is not resolved, please do not assign a rating just yet. Please post back as to what steps you took, results, etc, and I will try to assist you further as best I can. I am here at your service.

P.S. -You can rate this solution with one of four votes, if you feel your issue is resolved (remember that at times a bit of to and fro dialogue may be necessary to resolve an issue).

  • "FixYa!" - The solution provides great advice on how to solve the problem.
  • "Helpful" - The solution provides useful leads that helps solve the problem.
  • "Thanks for Trying" - The solution does not solve the problem but the effort is appreciated.
  • "Inappropriate" - The solution has absolutely nothing to do with the problem.
Thank you for using FIXYA!


Posted on May 05, 2008

  • 8617 Answers

SOURCE: JVC AV-56WP74 Convergence part #'s

(2) STK392-110 Convergence Amp ICs
(3) 220 ohm 2watt metal film resistors
(3) 150 ohm 2watt metal film resistors
(2) 1.5 ohm 1watt metal resistors
(2) 2.2 ohm 1watt metal film resistors
(1) 1.8 ohm 1watt metal film resistor
(1) 3.3ohm 1watt metal film resistor
You can get the entire convergence repair kit which contains all the parts listed at the following link its called the AV48WP30 Convergence repair kit , but it applies to your model as well, and they include free installation instructions.

Posted on Aug 23, 2008

  • 3 Answers

SOURCE: Mitsu Proj TV WS-65711 needs Converg IC chip. Part Co$t + labor?

Parts for $80 to 90?!?!? HOGGWASH!! It's $21 at for an orignial Sanyo. For a WS-65711 it is indeed a STK393-110 and you only need one of them. I've heard that this usually the culprit when there are convergence problems. The pico fuses can go, but that's pretty rare. If you can solder and feel comfortable inside your TV, then this can be done at home so you'll even save on the labor. I suggest buying the part yourself and asking them to install it.

Posted on Jun 30, 2009

Add Your Answer

Uploading: 0%


Complete. Click "Add" to insert your video. Add



Related Questions:

1 Answer

My tv looks like its in 3d

The problem is called "convergence" You can get the repair kit here: I don't recommend that you do this repair if you are not electronically inclined.

Nov 01, 2014 | Sony KP-57WS510 57" Rear Projection HDTV

1 Answer

My sony kp57ws510 model tv has double vision and the double vision that shouldnt be there is in blue and red..whats wrong with my tv?

The tv have a problems known as a convergence problems,it dead.The tv colors lines R,G,B mis alignment,have shadows pictures or 3D pictures look alike.The tv convergence board have dead parts.The 2 STK convergence ICS and some or all it resistors on the tv convergence board are dead.These parts on the tv convergence board,must be replaced to solved the tv picture convergence problems.The shop,will cost u like $300-350 for parts and labors.

Oct 29, 2010 | Sony KP-46WT510 46" Rear Projection HDTV

1 Answer

What does the convergence IC' for a Sony KP57WS510 look like.

here is photo of typical chips:

and what heat sink looks like.


4676fd1.jpg it looks like this but should have stk-392-560 number on it.


Aug 19, 2010 | Sony KP-57WS510 57" Rear Projection HDTV

1 Answer

I have a sony tv model #KP57WS510 and need part # A1302180A. Anybody have an idea where I can find it

my sources say that part is no longer available from sony(common for many mfg's to stop making parts for models over 5 yrs old anymore. if you know which board it is you could try pulling it out and having a repair shop rebuild it for you. might run you a hundred bucks or so.

Mar 27, 2010 | Televison & Video

1 Answer

Sony model kp57ws510 rear projection. convergence problem. convergence button on front of tv does nothing

There are a set of convergece chips that need to be replaced. If they have been replaced and you still have the convergence problem you will need to change ceramic fuses in the power supply or on the board where the STK chips are located

Mar 04, 2010 | Televison & Video

1 Answer

I have a Sony KP-61V60. I seem to have a problem with the color covergance where my screen looks almost 3D with the red sticking out. What do I need to do to repair this myself? How do I know if my RGB...

If you go into the customer menu and select CONVERGENCE and red or blue will not adjust in some direction you have a Convergence circuit problem.

Most of these sets use two STK-392-110 or STK-292-560 CONVERGENCE ic chips.

Both chips need to be replaced. If convergence will not adjust you do not have a bad "bulb" these sets use three picture tubes--red, green, and blue and the convergence circuit "converges the three pictures".

Usual parts cost total is under 30 dollars if you buy the parts on Ebay--there are places on the net that sell kits for 70 or more---they contain the pair of chips and other parts that may be needed--from my point of view they are a waste of money as most of these sets just need the two chips replaced--some will need a bad resistor around one of the chips located and replaced as well--on Ebay you can buy a pair of whatever chips the set uses for under 20 dollars including shipping.

Right now the site where I research these models for exact part numbers is down but I can help if you have some skill at soldering and want to fix it yourself. Most shops are going to get 300 or more for this type of repair.

Let me know if you have questions or need help.

If this information has helped you rate this solution as I do this here for free.


Nov 25, 2009 | Sony KP-61V90 61" Rear Projection...

1 Answer

Picture is blurry and concaved

This model kp-51HW40 uses two of the STK-392-560 CONVERGENCE IC CHIPS.

Usually just both chips need to be replaced and the set adjusted with the Sony remote---You can buy a pair of the chips on Ebay for less than 14 dollars plus shipping.

If you can do this repair you can save the set and a lot of money as most shops will charge 300 or more for this kind of repair.

I can give you general instructions if you think you can do it---there are places on the internet that sell
kits for this--usually very pricey and many of the included parts are not usually needed.



If this information helped you, rate this solution as I do this here for free.


Nov 09, 2009 | Sony KP-51HW40 51" Rear Projection...

1 Answer

I just started to have picture problems with my sony kp-61s65 tv. the picture looks double and the top and bottom of the picture is oval. It is something that i can do or replace to fix it?

This model was was made around 1999 and most of the Sony sets use two STK-392-560 OR two of the STK-392-110 CONVERGENCE CHIPS.

The chips are located on two metal heat sinks with fins and usually are on the board on the far left as you look from the back of the TV.

They will be black in color--about 2 and 1/2 inches wide by 1 and 1/2 inches tall and black in color--they will have the STK full number printed on them in white.

A pair of either chips can be bought on Ebay for about 12 dollars plus shipping----there are several fuses that do not look like fuses that protect them--two are on the power board and the rest are around the chips.

What needs to be done here if convergence is bowed and or will not adjust---both chips and any other bad parts--fuses etc need to be located and replaced---usual parts cost is under 30 dollars.

The board will have to be removed from the frame to get at them and they and the fuses are soldered in---you need to be able to solder etc.

If you can do the repair or know a friend who can do it for you -----you can save the set and a lot of money

Most shops are going to get 300 or more for this type of repair.

I know as I have done hundreds of these sets with convergence problems---

I am here to help people---I do this here for free--if you have questions or need advice let me know.

Regards, SD TECH

Oct 31, 2009 | Sony KP-61S65 61" Rear Projection...

2 Answers

Convergence does not work,why not

IT involves getting at the chips as the KP51WS510 uses two of the STK-392-560 CHIPS.

Each chip has about 18 pins that have to be unsoldered and then both chips replaced--most of the time you just need to replace both chips and adjust the set with the Sony remote--sometimes there will be another bad part around them taken out but this is not real common on these sets.

Can you solder? Are you handy if I tell you how to locate the chips and get at them?

I have repaired hundreds of sets with convergence problems.

Confirm actual model number to me and tell me if you think you can do it---if you know how to solder etc I can tell you what you will need and how to do it.


Oct 26, 2009 | Sony KP-51WS510 51" Rear Projection...

Not finding what you are looking for?
Televison & Video Logo

Related Topics:

297 people viewed this question

Ask a Question

Usually answered in minutes!

Top Televison & Video Experts

The Knight
The Knight

Level 3 Expert

76016 Answers

Cindy Wells

Level 3 Expert

5795 Answers


Level 3 Expert

84027 Answers

Are you a Televison and Video Expert? Answer questions, earn points and help others

Answer questions

Manuals & User Guides