- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
1GB of RAM is not enough to run Windows XP and the programs you installed efficiently. Removing unnecessary programs should make more memory available for necessary programs but it will never be fast. Crucial.com is a great resource for memory upgrades but I don't think you should invest in a computer that old with a completely unsecure and unsupported operating system (XP).
Computers are used to make our tasks easier and perform them in shortspan of time. However, if your computer starts working slow, then thereis no major significance of having it and using it to carry out varioustasks. Many people get frustrated with the slow performance of their PCand end up spending money by upgrading memory or even sometimes bypurchasing a new computer to get rid of slow performance. However, youcannot do it every time your PC becomes slow. You should look for amore efficient solution.
There are numerous ways to fix your slow computer without having to spend money or to carry your PC anywhere.
Computers can become slow due to several reasons. Given below are some of the possible reasons:
1. Low disk space available on the hard disk
2. Presence of excess temporary files
3. Corrupt registry entries
4. Large number of software applications installed on the computer
5. Presence of incompatible device driver in the system
6. Excess heating of computer
7. Corrupt data
8. Corrupt operating system
9. Presence of virus and other malicious software
There are various other problems which may slow down your computersystem. Now, let us highlight some important steps to fix the issues ofslow computer performance with Windows operating system. Note: Take abackup of your complete data before carrying out any steps.
1. Remove all the temporary files stored in your computer system. Thetemporary files are voracious eaters of system memory. So, the bestpractice to improve the system performance is to regularly delete thetemporary files from the computer.
2. Regain the hard disk space by launching the Disk clean up utilityprovided in the Windows operating system. If even after cleaning up thehard disk from unnecessary programs and files, the space available onthe hard disk is less, then you can uninstall old programs which arenot in use.
3. Update Windows by turning on the automatic update feature when connected to Internet.
4. Registry is a central database of any computer which maintains arecord of the activities and stores them in the form of registryentries like when you install any software application on your PC thenan entry is made in the registry about the installation of thesoftware. So, check for any registry error.
5. Install a good security suite like antivirus and antispywaresoftware and scan your system for the presence of any suspiciousprogram code installed on your computer and eating up your computermemory and remove it to make your system fast.
A computer is a machine which requires regular maintenance for showingbetter performance. Regular maintenance is the best way to improve theperformance of a slow computer.
try and start the computer in Safe Mode just hit your reset button and then Press F5 before windoze starts.
select "Start Safe Mode with Networking"
Update your antivirus program and Try to run another antivirus scan.
If that doesnt work, you need to do this........When Windows crashes, it writes a system event 1001 and a minidump to the folder\ \windows\minidump Check system event 1001 and it has the content of the blue screen
Control Panel -> Adminstrative Tools -> Event Viewer -> System
-> Event 1001.
Copy the content and email it to me at firstname.lastname@example.org
The GX 270 is an older model now; there are likely quite a few things that are slowing it down.
CRUFT: Easiest way to remove cruft is to use CCLeaner from piriform. It's free! When installing, be sure to unclick the yahoo toolbar install option. It is fairly straightforward to use and will clear out a lot of gunk.
Next culprit is spyware/ malware. Best tools I've found are spybot search and destroy by Safer Netowrking and Malwarebytes Anti-malware. Install, update, and run both. If you cannot get to their home pages, or they will not run - you're infected and will likely need expert help to clear the infection.
Next best thing to do is ensure service pack 3 is installed (for XP only).
Defraggler (made by the same people who make ccleaner) is a good, simple hard drive defragger. Download it. Install it. Run it. Do it overnight, it will take some time.
The single biggest speed booster is a RAM increase. If you have less than 1024Mb, upgrade. It isn't expensive and it isn't difficult. From memory that unit needs DDR memory, but it is a good idea to check.
I have three solutions to your problem. 1) You can
press "Start" then "All Programs" then "Accessories" then "System
Tools" and the last step is to choose "System Restore". This will
change any new settings to old settings, by doing this you will not
lose any data such as saved files and downloaded pictures or music.
You can press "Start" then "All Programs" then "Accessories" then
"System Tools" and the last step is to choose "Disk Cleanup". This will
take you to a program that will show you all your programs that you do
not use and you can select which programs you would like to delete,
this will make more space on your hard-drive which in return should
make you pc faster
3) You can press "Start" then "All Programs"
then "Accessories" then "System Tools" and the last step is to choose
"Disk Defragmenter". This will defrag your pc, which will also make
your pc faster.
I would suggest that you do all three of these solutions and please also remember to give this solution a good rating.