Question about Harman Kardon HK19.5 Computer Speakers
My left speaker stopped working recently. It's plugged into the right speaker correctly, and the green light is even on. But, no sound comes out. I wonder if it's a short in a wire somewhere (I guess it happens after 6 years of use with not much movement?) but I wanna make sure first.
I am supporting TIRZO by adding that you can open the left speaker case and check the wire that leads to the main speaker, I hope the fault should be from the connection between the main speaker and the green light that is on.
Posted on Jun 20, 2008
Hi, there's a big possibility that the issue you encountered in your speaker might be caused by a faulty or shorted wire. You can check it by inspecting for any sign of damage on the wire and try connecting your left speaker to a different input source.
Posted on Jun 16, 2008
Take a 9 volt battery and attach a wire to the positive and negative leads of the battery.then unhook the speakers from the system attach the 9 volt dc battery to each speaker if one makes a bump sound and the other dosent ...I will bet you have a blown speaker .Which can easily be replaced in most cases .Let me know how this works out for you.
Posted on Jun 18, 2008
Check the balance
Posted on Jul 09, 2010
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
1. Connect the black plug of the rear right speaker into the black plug on the subwoofer.
2. Connect the yellow plug on the rear left speaker into the yellow input on the subwoofer.
3. Connect the red plug of the front center speaker into the red input on the subwoofer.
4. Connect the white plug of the front left speaker into the white input on the subwoofer.
5. Connect the d-sub connector plug from the front right speaker into the d-plug connector on the subwoofer.
6. Connect the green, black and orange input to the matching plugs on your computer. If you have a four-channel sound card, connect the green plug from the input audio cable to the front plug of the card and the black plug to the rear plug. Do not connect the orange input. If you are using a two-channel sound card, connect the green plug from the input audio cable to the "Line Out" jack on the sound card. Do not connect the green and orange plug.
7. Plug the subwoofer power chord into the electrical power outlet.
8. Place your subwoofer on ground around your computer desk. Position the front center speaker on top of your computer monitor.
9. Place the left and right front speakers on the sides of the monitor. Position the left and right rear speakers behind you, making sure they are pointing toward the front left and right speakers.
10. needs to support 5.1 surround. Normally, more than three sockets for sound indicates that it does. Then you need to use the software that comes with the sound hardware to configure it for 5.1 - Default will be 2.1 or just 2.
Check the control panel out. This is a lot easier under Windows 7.- Here you can access what you need via the speaker icon on the system tray (right click)
There is NO problem with your OS or hardware, this is pretty standard...
hope this will help you solve your problem.
Jul 18, 2011 | Logitech X-530 Computer Speakers
Oct 02, 2010 | HP JBL Platinum Computer Speakers
Aug 12, 2010 | Dell A215 Computer Speakers
Jun 03, 2010 | Logitech X-530 Computer Speakers
Mar 14, 2010 | Altec Lansing Audio Players & Recorders
Dec 28, 2009 | Bose Companion 3 Computer Speakers
Jul 15, 2009 | Dell A215 Computer Speakers
Mar 05, 2009 | JBL Creature 2.1 Computer Speakers
Aug 09, 2008 | Philips MMS 321 Computer Speakers
Sep 07, 2007 | Audio Players & Recorders
Nov 16, 2013 | Harman Kardon HK19.5 Computer Speakers
2,439 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Level 3 Expert
Level 2 Expert
Level 3 Expert
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: