A 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
The service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones). click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need. Good luck!
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
With a number of software manufacturers using DVDs to distribute their software releases, having a Acer Aspire 5510 DVD-ROM Drive is not only convenient but is practically essential to keep up with software releases. Unfortunately, if your laptop doesn't have a DVD drive, installing one isn't quite as simple as it would be if you were installing the drive into a desktop computer. This doesn't mean that installing a laptop DVD drive is difficult, provided you purchase one that is compatible with your laptop.
1. Check to ensure compatibility between your laptop and the Acer Aspire 5510 CD-RW Drive you purchase. The best ways to do this are to purchase your DVD drive directly from your laptop manufacturer, look for compatibility information on the drive's packaging or ask a knowledgeable sales associate. If buying online, make sure to read all of the drive's profile to check for compatibility information.
2. Remove the Acer Aspire 5510 DVD-ROM CD-RW Combo Drive that your laptop currently has.
Flip the laptop over, setting it on a sturdy surface with the side that the existing drive is on facing you. Depending on how the laptop is designed, you should find 1-to-3 screws holding the drive in place; these screws may be on the bottom of the laptop or on the side next to the drive. Unscrew the screws and set them aside for later use.
3. Flip the laptop back over. Carefully remove the old drive, pulling gently yet firmly if you encounter resistance/ This will be the drive unplugging from the laptop's drive interface, so a small amount of resistance is not unusual. Once the drive is free of the laptop, set it aside.
4. Slide the new Acer Aspire 5510 Combo Drive into the empty drive port. Make sure that you press it all the way in so that the drive will plug in to the drive interface. Once the drive is in completely, replace the screws to secure the drive.
5. Boot up your laptop. Your operating system will detect new hardware and will load temporary drivers for the DVD drive; insert the driver disc that came with the drive to install the manufacturer's drivers in order to get optimal use out of your new Acer Aspire 5510 DVD-ROM CD-RW Combo Drive.
Hope this helps, if so do rate the solution
hello, you have to open the back cover of the combo to clean the lens of the DVD with cotton bud dip slightly in a methylated spirit, if otherwise replace the drive of the DVD. you can get a new DVD from the this site store.richspsxparts.com/wiiredvddr hope this works
If it is the same problem as mine, the drive belt is old and worn and is slipping- therefor the tray will not open. I found this out after I removed the metal cover, and the screws holding the DVD assembly to reveal the motor, pulleys, and drive belt. Now the real problem is to find a replacement belt. Possibly a o-ring the proper size may work, as they are quite easy to find. The original belt has a square cross section, whereas an o-ring has a round cross section, but should work well enough.
Try to clean you combo drive using disk cleaner. Also if you don't have disk cleaner then you can but it in the video and computer shop. Then try to insert another new cd to test if it really works after you clean the combo drive.
On the bottom of the laptop, there is only one screw that holds the module in place. Remove the correct screw, and pull out the old cd/rom. Now you might have to remove any mounting hardware that is on the old cd, and install it on the new dvd combo. Slip it back in the slot, replace the screw, and you are ready to rock and roll.
If it is a direct replacement drive, exact size as old drive, then all you need to do is remove the old cd drive and slide the new drive into the slot until the back plug engages. Install new drivers as needed and any software that came with new drive. Hope this helps.
You can order a new drive from Zenith parts 1-877-993-6484 - the unit information is ...
6721rd021c $100.94 - 2 day shipping
When I get home I'm going to crack the shell on the DVD drive inside the combo set and see if it;s a simple 'off the shelf' RICOH/PANASONIC/MATSUSHITA DVD-R drive tho. If it is, the replacement part (but not the spec. part from Zenith) from Fryes might be faster and cheaper? Not sure yet.