- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
Is the unit running on battery power? A hum is normal when the inverter is running.
if it is CONSTANTLY making a humming noise, it is possible the unit is failing. Check your battery inside the unit, make sure it does not look swollen at all. If it is, you know the unit is failing and overcharging the battery. If it is not, pull the power cable from the outlet and see if it provides back up power and then plug it back in.
If the connected equipment stays on line, then the unit is working fine however I would consider buying a replacement UPS in the near future, a constant hum all the time is a bad sign.
Tony166, according to the web, the Panasonic DBS 576 single cabinet phone system will run at a peak wattage of 360 or 3.3 amps. 3.3 amps x 120V = 396 VA.
Also, this is a very sensitive device and needs good clean power to eliminate frequency variations and line noise. You should put this system on an On Line or Double Conversion UPS. Not a Line Interactive or an Off Line unit! Those are the 3 UPS industry standard technologies. The Off Line technology is simply a battery in a box. It can break down a clean sinewave input and feed your connected load a stepwave signal. The Line Interactive unit will provide a sinewave while on battery power, but not during normal operation. Only a true On Line UPS will provide pure sinewave power 100% of the time!
Had similar problem. Paraphrasing the warranty info sheet (with concurrance of my Geek Squad friends), our HT800s have sacrificed themselves to protect our components. They tell me it is possible for only one circuit in a home to have an electrical surge. That is why the TV in one room may "blow" and the adjoining room TV not. Bottom line: Time to buy a new surge protector.