Question about Epson Stylus CX6400 All-In-One InkJet Printer
PRINTING A4 PHOTOS LINES APEAR WHEN FINNISHED
Hi, It is unfortunate that you are having this difficulty with your printer. One of the best solution that we can give to you is run a series of head cleaning. Please try the following steps below to clean the print head in most effective way:
1) Make sure the printer is turned on but not printing. Make sure there are no error lights or messages appearing in the LCD.
NOTE: You cannot clean the print head if the any of the cartridges are expended. Replace the appropriate ink cartridge before proceeding.
2) Load letter size paper.
3) Click on START.
For Windows 95/98/ME: Click SETTINGS, PRINTERS, then RIGHT-CLICK on the EPSON STYLUS PRINTER ICON. Select PROPERTIES from the drop-down menu. Proceed to Step 4.
For Windows 2000: Click SETTINGS, PRINTERS, then RIGHT-CLICK on the EPSON STYLUS PRINTER ICON. Select PRINTING PREFERENCES from the drop-down menu. Proceed to Step 4.
For Windows XP: Click CONTROL PANEL, PRINTERS AND FAXES. RIGHT-CLICK your EPSON STYLUS PRINTER ICON. Select PRINTING PREFERENCES from the drop-down menu. If this icon is not showing, select VIEW INSTALLED PRINTERS. Then RIGHT-CLICK the EPSON STYLUS PRINTER ICON. Select PRINTING PREFERENCES from the drop-down menu. Proceed to Step 4.
For Windows Vista: Click CONTROL PANEL, HARDWARE AND SOUND then PRINTERS. Note: these steps may vary depending on how Vista is setup. RIGHT-CLICK on the EPSON STYLUS PRINTER ICON. Select PRINTING PREFERENCES from the drop-down menu. Proceed to Step 4.
4) Click on the UTILITY or MAINTENANCE tab, then click on HEAD CLEANING.
5) Follow the instructions on the screen to clean the printhead. Cleaning takes about 30 seconds, during which time the printer makes some noise and the power light flashes. Never turn off the printer while the power light is flashing, unless the printer has not moved or made noise for more than 5 minutes.
6) When the power light stops flashing click PRINT NOZZLE CHECK PATTERN and then click NEXT.
7) If the nozzle check pattern has no gaps in its lines, click FINISH. If the pattern has any gaps, click CLEAN to clean the printhead again.
8) If the situation continues after three cleaning cycles and nozzle checks, replace one of the affected ink cartridge(s).
9) Once the cartridge(s) has been replaced, please follow steps one through seven up to three times.
If the nozzle check still has gaps after you have run at least 3 consecutive cleaning cycles and replaced the affected ink, your printer will require service.
Posted on Jun 16, 2008
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Mar 23, 2014 | Canon MG5150 AllInOne Printer
Nov 06, 2011 | Office Equipment & Supplies
Nov 19, 2010 | HP Photosmart C7180 All-In-One InkJet...
Nov 13, 2010 | Office Equipment & Supplies
Aug 15, 2010 | Epson Stylus Photo R300 InkJet Printer
Aug 12, 2009 | HP Officejet Pro L7680 All-In-One Printer
Jul 23, 2009 | Epson Stylus R380 InkJet Photo Printer
Dec 24, 2008 | Epson Stylus Multifunction Inkjet Printer/...
119 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!