Question about Microsoft Windows Live Messanger
Posted on Dec 23, 2010
It could be fairewall or antivirus (AVG is known for this issue). Remove Instant Messaging (MSN) from firewall.
-open AVG Antivirus
-Click on "Web Shield"
-Click on "Instant Messaging" tab
-Uncheck "MSN protection" box
-Click Save Changes"
Posted on Nov 04, 2010
However, here are some suggestions you should check/try if you haven't already.
1. The date on your computer needs to be set properly -- double click the clock verify that
the time and date are set.
2. If your password information is not saved, verify that you are typing it in with the
correct case (uppercase or lowercase).
3. Change your password @ https://login.passport.com/ChangePW.srf to
something smaller (under 10-12 characters), then try signing in again.
4. If you use a firewall (like ZoneAlarm, Norton Internet Security etc. ), it's possible
that Messenger doesn't have the correct rights to access the Internet, especially since you
upgraded. You may need to re/add Messenger to the allowed list of programs in your firewall
if this is the case.
5. If you disabled your firewall in the past, it still may be blocking Messenger -- try
restarting it and see if that helps the situation. You also might try uninstalling an
installed firewall, to verify that it isn't causing a problem (even if it is disabled).
6. Clear your IE cache and cookies -- open Internet Explorer, click the Tools menu, then
Internet Options, then click the Delete Files button, and when that's complete click the
Delete Cookies button.
7. Check your IE Security settings -- open Internet Explorer, click the Tools menu, then
Internet Options, then Advanced tab, scroll to the Security section, and verify that "Check
for server certificate revocation" is unchecked. Also verify that 'Use SSL 2.0' and Use SSL
3.0' is checked, then click OK.
8. Click Start, then Run, and enter the following:
then click OK
and do the same for the following:
Posted on Nov 04, 2010
Save hours of searching online or wasting money on unnecessary repairs by talking to a 6YA Expert who can help you resolve this issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
Here's a link to this great service
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Apr 02, 2010 | Microsoft MSN Messenger Connect Service
Jan 30, 2010 | Dell Inspiron 1525 Laptop
Dec 08, 2009 | Computers & Internet
Oct 08, 2009 | HP Computers & Internet
Sep 25, 2009 | Microsoft Windows Live Messanger
May 29, 2009 | Microsoft Windows Live Messanger
Jan 27, 2009 | Computers & Internet
Nov 10, 2008 | Microsoft Windows Live Messanger
Aug 30, 2008 | Computers & Internet
Aug 12, 2008 | Computers & Internet
98 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: