Waste ink absorber canon mp130
Hi. It happens when there is some problem with the cartridges tank, either full or not seated properly. I found that Canon recommends following methods (directly from canon) to fix it.
Reset the device when it is not functioning properly.
If the device is not functioning properly or to clear memory, reset it.
1. On the operator panel, press and hold the <ON/OFF> button for one second. (The display will go blank.)
Note: It may be necessary to unplug the power cord if pressing the ON/OFF button does not shut off the printer.
2. Wait approximately ten seconds and then press the <ON/OFF> button again.
3. Wait until the device has completed its cycling process before submitting another job request.
Ink Absorber Replacement Options
This printer has an ink absorber that takes in ink during the printing and print head cleaning processes. The cleaning process is necessary in order to keep the print head nozzles from becoming clogged. Over the life of the printer, the amount of ink that the ink absorber has absorbed is calculated by the printer. Eventually, after substantial use, the printer will enter an error condition when the ink absorber is nearly full. At this point, printing is still possible. Press the <OK> button to release the error. You will still be able to print for a short period. To protect the printer from damage, you will not be able to print at all once the ink absorber is full.
Canon recommends having the printer serviced before the absorber becomes full. We are aware that there are many "do-it-yourself" Web sites that offer instructions for making this repair. Replacing the ink absorber is a complicated and potentially messy procedure. Even if the ink absorber is successfully changed, the ink absorber counter must be reset. Be aware that if you attempt this procedure, it is at your own risk.
If you still have questions about the issue you are experiencing, a Technical Support Representative will be happy to answer any question you may have. You can contact us through the email link or phone numbers listed below.
* Obtain Support by Email
* For toll-free technical support, please call 1 (800) 828-4040 during regular business hours (currently Monday-Friday 10:00 a.m. - 10:00 p.m. EST, excluding holidays).
* There will be a pay for support charge if your product is out of warranty (see next section, below).
* Toll-free TDD Support Line for the Hearing Impaired is available Monday - Saturday (excluding holidays) at 1-866-251-3752
* Technical Support is available for Customers in Canada at 1-800-OK-CANON
If your printer is no longer under warranty :
* For technical support, please call 1 (800) 828-4040 during regular business hours (currently Monday-Friday 8:00 a.m. - 12:00 midnight. EST, Saturday 10:00 a.m. - 8:00 p.m., excluding holidays). Pay for support is required on all units outside their original warranty, unless covered by a Canon Extended Service Plan. The charge will be $9.99. If it is determined that the problem you are experiencing is due to a failure of the printer's hardware, the pay for support charge will be canceled. If your out of warranty printer is determined to have a hardware problem, you have the option to purchase, at discounted pricing and free next business day shipping , a new or refurbished product from our current product line, which includes units with Canon?s new ChromaLife inks, PIXMA Technology, and a limited manufacturer?s warranty.
Aug 01, 2009 |
Canon PIXMA MP130 All-In-One InkJet...