- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
this sounds simular to the photosmart C7250 ink system failure. which cause by air in the lines. and we fix this by reseting the printer and it redoes the cartridge installation. thus pushing all the air out.
hello, yes i do know what your talking about, sometimes paper will get blocked into this capping/purge/cleaning station, out of all the ones i have here, the one side for the cyan/magenta #88 printhead, there is no pad there. is it the cyan/magenta printhead thats drying up, or is it the yellow/black printhead. i would check to make sure that this unit is working 100%. i do know that this machine has issues with the electronics for the printheads, as well as the printheads seem to only last a few months after warranty, though, i have seen some last 1 year after warranty, but i would check to make sure there is nothing in the way of the capping unit, paper will get caught in there and some gears will break. i hope this helps
The error states that you are using non-HP cartridges for all colours. If black prints fine then you should replace the colour cartridges with genuine HP colour carts. You should be able to get a refund on the refills since they clearly do not work as intended.
Pull out the printhead from the computer and check the date under "warranty ends" If the warranty period did not lapse, call HP technical support and tell them about the problem. They will replace the printhead for free. I have gone through 3 black/yellow printheads and I received the replacement printheads via FedEx within 1-2 days. They will send you a pre-paid envelope to return via U.S. Postal Service via US Postal Service.
If the Warranty date on the printhead expired, then you may have to come out of pocket to replace the printhead since HP will argue that they are not obligated to replace the printhead since the manufacturer warranty lapsed.
If this is the case, check to see when you purchased the printer. If the purchase was within a year, the retailer (i.e. Best Buy) is on the hook since there is a 1 year implied warranty on products such as printers, regardless of whether the expiration date on the HP printhead expired.
There are two possibilities here Joanne, first, it could be a false error message or else second, the Cyan/Magenta print head has gone bad.Try the following:
1. Take the Cyan/Magenta printhead out. Remember, the printhead...not the cartridges.
Clean the copper contacts with a Q Tip, moistened with plain water. Wait till it dries, put the printhead back in.
2. If this does not resolve the issue, unplug the power cord from the back and press and hold the power cord for 30 sec. This will drain all the static charges. Plug it back after a couple of minutes and see if the error message re appears.
1. Remove printhead for offending color.
2. Soak printhead area in 1/4" of warm water for about one minute.
3. With a dry paper towel lightly wipe the printhead length wise.
You should get two continuous color bands either black/yellow
4. Repeat steps 2 & 3 until you get two continuous color bands.
5. Replace printhead in printer print several blocks of each color.
6. Repeat from step 1 until it works.
7. all else replace printhead.