Question about Brother DCP-340CW All-In-One InkJet Printer
I get an error message saying "unable to clean" and I believe I need to change the waist ink absorber box but I havent a clue how to. Could you help please!!
When you have purged , cleaned the print heads, your Brother Printer
about 6,450 times it will be unable to print anymore. This is because
they recommend that the printer is serviced this will cost you up to
£120 (not bad for a printer that costs £60 NOT!!!)
The simple way is to spend £25 and buy your own replacement pads if you are up to taking the printer apart, see service manual this is hard to get hold of as are these instructions !!!!
In the mean time you can RESET this purge count back to zero using the MAINTENANCE 80 menu, to continue using the printer for a while until you get the new pads. But it on a tray as if they are full they may start to leak onto your desk....
1 . Press (MENU) (MONO START) then (^) OR <the up arrow> four times, the Photo Capture and Red Exclamation Lights will then flash.
2. Press (^) eight times until you see <8> then press (SET)
3. Press (^) twice until you see <0> then press (SET)
You will now be in MAINTENANCE 80.
4. Press the (MONO START) its a toggle until you see PURGE:6451 ( I guess this means you have cleaned the heads over 6,450 times their threshold level.) you will need to enter the code <2783> to RESET it.
5. Press (^) twice until you see < 2 > then press (SET)
5. Press (^) eight times until you see < 7 > then press (SET)
5. Press (^) nine times until you see < 8 > then press (SET)
5. Press (^) four times until you see < 3 > then press (SET)
The Printer will beep then reset counter will be at ZERO <0000000>
You can also RESET using the <2783> If you press the wrong key you will see MACHINE ERROR 46 on the LCD.
INK_CH BK Number of Black Cartridge changes
JAMS Number of paper Jams
PAGE Number of pages printed
PC Purge Count over 10,600 will cause stop
COLOURCOPY Number of Colour copies made
MONOCOPY Number of B&W copies made
FAX Number of Faxes sent
PURGE Numbe of Purges, head cleans
POWER Powered Up Hours
Posted on Sep 23, 2009
See here how to open:
reset can be found in the fixya forum; search error 46
Posted on Jun 15, 2008
Tips for a great answer:
Aug 20, 2014 | Canon PIXMA iP4000 InkJet Photo Printer
May 05, 2008 | Brother DCP 115C All-In-One InkJet Printer
Mar 27, 2008 | Brother MFC 420CN All-In-One InkJet...
Mar 17, 2008 | Brother DCP 115C All-In-One InkJet Printer
Mar 08, 2008 | Brother DCP-110C All-In-One InkJet Printer
Dec 15, 2007 | Brother MFC 420CN All-In-One InkJet...
1,161 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: