Question about Computers & Internet
Hi It is very simple! Just create a new Profile:
1. in System Tray click on WiFi icon,
2. select 'Configure WiFi'
3. open 'Profiles...'
4. choose 'Add...'
5. in 'Profile Name:' type anything (it can be the same name as SSID)
6. in 'WiFi Networks Name (SSID):' type a proper name of your WiFi SSID
7. choose 'Operating Mode:' you have 2 options, but I rather choose Network (Internet)
8. click 'Next'
9. leave selected 'Personal Security'
10. under 'Security Settings' choose WEP or wpa-psk encryption type that is enabled on ADSL router. On my router I have WPA-PSK, and I have chosen WPA-Personal (TKIP)as its the strongest encryption. careful in choosing the correct encryption type.
11. type Encryption key in field 'Password'
12. click OK
13. select this new profile and click 'Connect'
hope this helps
Posted on Nov 04, 2010
Save hours of searching online or wasting money on unnecessary repairs by talking to a 6YA Expert who can help you resolve this issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
Here's a link to this great service
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Dec 23, 2013 | Apple 15" PowerBook G4 Aluminum 1.67 GHz...
Dec 03, 2010 | NetGear WNDR3300 - RangeMax Dual Band...
Jun 02, 2010 | Computers & Internet
Apr 17, 2010 | Belkin (F5D7231-4) Wireless Router
Mar 11, 2010 | Linksys -Cisco Wireless-G VPN Broadband...
Feb 13, 2010 | Dell Latitude D600 Notebook
Sep 28, 2009 | Computers & Internet
Nov 23, 2008 | D-Link Xtreme N DIR-655 Wireless Router
Sep 28, 2008 | Linksys WRT160N Wireless Router
55 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!