Question about Linksys Wireless-G Broadband Router
DURING THE INSTALL THE SETUP CHECKS THE COMPUTER THEN ASK FOR A PASSWORD, I HAVE TRIED "admin , MY PASSWORD AND THE DSL PASSWORD". BUT THE SETUP KEEPS GOING BACK TO THE PASSWORD SCREEN, AND I CAN GET PAST IT.
WHAT IS THE CORRECT PASSWORD OR DO I NEED A NED SETUP DISC.
NOTE I BOUGHT THIS ON E-BAY AND IT IS LETTING ME THRU TO THE NET.
1) unplug the power for both the Linksys router and the Westell DSL
modem from power for 5 minutes. Also disconnect the DSL modem from the
phone line during this time frame.
2) plug the power for the modem back in, wait until the online indicator light is lit up and green.
3) make sure the ethernet cable for the linksys is connected to the modem and the INTERNET port on the linksys. power the linksys back up
4) connect an ethernet cable between your computer and a numbered port on the linksys. make sure the wireless is disabled (button on laptop, or pull the adapter from your desktop).
5) open up internet explorer (or firefox). if a webpage opens, the router has a good connection to the internet, and if not, don't worry about it right now, we'll pick back up at step 9.
6) type 192.168.1.1 in the address bar and you'll get a username and password dialog box (no user name, password is admin).
7) click on the wireless tab. change the wireless network name (also known as a SSID) to something unique and save the changes. write the network name down.
8) when the wireless page loads back up, click on where it says "wireless security" directly below the wireless tab. set the security mode to WPA and type in a password (8 or more characters, any mix of letters and numbers). make sure you write this down. click save at the bottom of the page. you just secured your wireless.
9) if you didn't get a web page to open at step 5 (such as msn, google, or yahoo), you'll need to verify with Verizon that you're using PPPoE and if you need to punch the login information into your router or not; if so, get the login information from Verizon tech support and punch it into the main page of the router. if not, ask the tech support rep what the IP address of your router is on the internet (he'll be able to pull this up); if it's 192.168.1.anything, you may need to change the linksys's ip address and the range of the home network addresses to make it work. )I have mine set to 10.0.0.1 with an ip address pool between 10.0.0.5 and 10.0.0.254.)
also, remember that linksys's tech support number is 1-800-326-7114.
Posted on Jun 24, 2008
Try "admin" for the password just leave the username blank if it doesn't work reset the router:
Steps to reset it Press and hold the reset button or the router using a pen for 30 seconds then while holding the reset button turn off the power for 5 seconds then pplug it bakc then release the reset button that should be the router to its default settings and and password back to "admin".
This is the link how to configure the linksys router for your dsl connection http://linksys.custhelp.com/cgi-bin/linksys.cfg/php/enduser/std_adp.php?p_faqid=3687&p_created=1151389425&p_sid=R6gLp27j&p_accessibility=0&p_lva=&p_sp=cF9zcmNoPTEmcF9zb3J0X2J5PSZwX2dyaWRzb3J0PSZwX3Jvd19jbnQ9ODkmcF9wcm9kcz0wJnBfY2F0cz0xNzIxLDE3MjMmcF9wdj0mcF9jdj0yLjE3MjMmcF9zY2ZfbGFuZz0xJnBfcGFnZT0xJnBfc2VhcmNoX3RleHQ9ZHNs&p_li=&p_topview=1
Hope that helps....
Posted on Jun 24, 2008
Keep the modem off and access the router using http://192.168.1.1 .. the default password is admin
on the web , change the local ip address of the router to 192.168.2.1 .. save the settings and do a power cycle
As a quick reference, the default addresses, usernames, and passwords for some linksys router manufacturers.
Router Address UserName Password
linksys http://192.168.1.1 admin admin
If you need more help see the reference link
4 steps to set up your home wireless network
wireless router configuration
Posted on Jun 13, 2008
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Oct 08, 2014 | Routers
Aug 21, 2012 | D-Link DIR-615 Wireless Router
Sep 17, 2010 | D-Link ADSL2/2+ Modem/Wireless Router...
Apr 04, 2010 | NetGear RangeMax WPN824 Wireless Router...
Apr 02, 2010 | Linksys EtherFast Cable/DSL Router
Dec 23, 2009 | NetGear WNR834B RangeMax NEXT Wireless-N...
Sep 03, 2009 | NetGear WGR614 Wireless Router
Aug 04, 2009 | Dell TrueMobile 2300 Wireless Router...
Jul 12, 2009 | Linksys Wireless-G Broadband Router
Nov 12, 2008 | D-Link ADSL2/2+ Modem/Wireless Router...
148 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: