Hi. I have the C-Pen 600c scanner pen, and I have not been able to turn it off for a several months now. When holding in the power button to turn it off, it turns off and immeadiately turns back on again. The only way that I can turn it off now is to pull out the batteries. I can't seem to find anything in the manual to help , and since this is an old discontinued model, I can't get tech support anymore. Please help with any info that you might have. Thanks.
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
Please Always remember that first you should install its software and then attach the hardware or when the software required during installation. If you follow my instruction, you will get succeed in installation of any hardware and also in this case.
If the charger is connected to C-Pen and the recharging
process does not start, follow these instructions.
1. Disconnect the charger from your C-Pen.
2. Insert something thin (like an unfolded paperclip) into
the reset hole and press gently.
3. Reconnect the charger to C-Pen.
4. C-Pen should begin recharging the battery within 10
seconds. If recharging does not start (the battery power
level icon is not moving in the status field) please
repeat steps 1-3 above. Remember to make sure that
the charger is not connected to C-Pen while pressing
the reset button.
There is no way to access the battery since it is built in. To replace it you would have to open it up, if you would like to attempt this the battery type is Rechargeable, NiMH.
I found a solution before asking help from c-pen support.
1. Uninstall C-Pen software
2. Remove C Technologies entries from registry. They appear in HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software and HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software 3. Reinstall C-Pen software (remove the pen from USB before reinstalling)