Question about HP Photosmart 8250 InkJet Printer
There is some sort of ink system failure here is the one possible remedy before repair/replacement will be needed. It may take a few tries to get it right.
Reset the system by holding down the OK, Cancel, Black, and Color buttons down at the same time and turn the 8250 off. Keep holding the buttons down until the printer shuts off and the turn it back on. You will have to turn the printer off twice and then it will recalibrate. Make sure you have new cartridges in the printer so that it can reset.
Posted on Nov 02, 2010
Save hours of searching online or wasting money on unnecessary repairs by talking to a 6YA Expert who can help you resolve this issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
Here's a link to this great service
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
SOURCE: My 8250 printer displays error
Solution ....ink System Failure...error 0xc..........
These instructions worked very well for me. If you follow the same instructions exactly,it should work for you too.
1) If you are looking at the printer FROM THE FRONT, remove the right hand side cover. On most HP printers, there are 2-3 tabs on top that will either pop out with a screwdriver under the top cover, or can be removed with screws. Make sure you have the printer powered off and UNPLUGGED.
2) On the front, bottom, right is a separate piece of plastic that is attached to the side cover that should also be removed. Remove the plastic cover from the side at this point, and you should see a circuit board. The following link will show how to remove the printer cover: http://hpphotosmart8250.blogspot.com/
3) There are two ribbon-type connectors on the top [center] of the circuit board that are plugged in directly to the top, inserted towards the bottom of the printer. One is slightly wider than the other. Again, make sure your printer is powered off AND UNPLUGGED. Unplug both of these ribbons [this can be done without removal of the circuit board from the printer, just use care and maybe some forceps or hemostats to help with reinstalling later], and make sure they are not partially plugged in or touching the board.
4) Plug in, and turn back on the printer. A new Ink failure message should come up (the numbers will be different.) Click OK on this, then unplug the printer again.
5) Plug both of these ribbon cables back into their respective connectors. Plug in the printer and turn it on. It should start back up, and REINITIALIZE as if you just turned it on for the first time. [The printer will run for a long time pumping fresh ink through the print heads during initialization, so be sure you have cartridges that are fairly new/full.] The ink status will be correct, and no more ink system failure messages.
6) Put your printer back together...
Posted on Nov 16, 2010
Tips for a great answer:
Oct 05, 2017 | Microsoft Computers & Internet
Sep 24, 2017 | Computers & Internet
Nov 05, 2015 | Office Equipment & Supplies
Nov 02, 2010 | Office Equipment & Supplies
Dec 02, 2009 | Canon (6981A002AA) for imagerunner 2200,...
Sep 12, 2009 | HP Photosmart 8250 InkJet Printer
Apr 28, 2009 | HP Photosmart 8250 InkJet Printer
Jan 30, 2017 | HP Photosmart 8250 InkJet Printer
710 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!