Question about E-Machines eMachines Desktop PC
Its a software loader tool. The guy who built this e-machine didn't do his job here are removal instructions.
1. Right-click on the "My Computer" icon on your desktop and choose "Manage". Go to "Services and Applications" then "Services" Right-click on the PrismXL service and choose "stop". (FOR THE NOVICE: This step turns off PrismXL so that you can remove it from your computer)
2. Next, browse to C:\Program Files\Common Files\New Boundary OR C:\Program Files\Common Files\Lanovation, then delete the New Boundary or Lanovation folder. (FOR THE NOVICE: This step will delete the program files PrismXL uses to execute)
3. From Start/Run, type "regedit". Go to HKey_Local_Machine\System\CurrentControlSet\Services\PrismXL. Delete the PrismXL key. (FOR THE NOVICE: This step removes the entries in the System Registry that contain the settings for PrismXL)
4. If you have a shortcut in Start Menu\Programs\Startup called "Install Pending Files" delete the shortcut. (FOR THE NOVICE: This step removes an instruction to run the PrismXL install program every time your computer boots up)
5. If you have the folder C:\Program Files\SIFXINST, delete the SIFXINST folder. (FOR THE NOVICE: This step removes the folder that contains the PrismXL install files. It may or may not be on your computer)
The service is now fully removed.
After a reboot, it will no longer be listed in Services and it will be gone forever.
Posted on Jun 13, 2008
Tips for a great answer:
Mar 23, 2011 | PC Desktops
Jul 31, 2010 | Intel Dot Station (INTC300AIO) PC Desktop
Nov 08, 2009 | HP Compaq Presario SR1603WM (ED861AA) PC...
Oct 18, 2008 | Dell OptiPlex GX260 PC Desktop
Jul 18, 2008 | PC Desktops
Jun 30, 2008 | PC Desktops
Jun 02, 2008 | HP Pavilion a1240n (EG136AA) PC Desktop
Jan 03, 2008 | IBM NetVista PC Desktop
773 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!