Question about Candy AQW130 Front Load Washer / Dryer
How do i replace main drum bearing candy please?
This is fairly straightforward but little hard work to remove and fix. If you have Candy Washing machine such as model CE430 which is fully automatic electro-mechanical with AC motor , the replacement will be as follows that I have done successfully
1. Remove the belt and motor, then remove the hex nut on then drum pulley. But pulley may not come out. It is suggested to remove the hex nut whiled drum on the frame because it is easy to remove while it is on the frame.
2. Take the complete drum assembly out of the washing machine frame.
3. Leave the drum assy on a bench with pulley side upward, use puncher to tap onto the center of the drum spindle, make sure that you will not damage the screw threads on the spindle. the spindle should go down the pulley should pop up.
4. Then keep punching until drum spindle and the “Y” arm assemble comes out.
5. Now you will have the pulley and drum and Y spindle removed. the 2 bearings and water seal still in the drum casing.
6. Use rust cleaner chemical or spray to dissolve the rust off. Then use either bearing puller or use iron puncher to tap on the bearing gently but hard , may use 1kg hammer and take each bearing out. The inner bearing will come out with the water seal.
7. How to get the spare parts; these parts are very common in this geographical region ( Asia). You can buy generic parts. Get the mechanical specifications on the bearing to buy the bearing. The water seal which is generally referred as oil seal, look for specifications such as specs will have inner & outer diameter and the height ( width) ie 22 mm, 40mm and 10mm for water seal of the Candy CE430. Make sure you have the exact shape of the water seal as the original one.
8. Install back the new parts: you need to smoothen the spindle and clean the area as well. to have less friction , smoothen the spindle surface using sand-paper, it will be easy to press the bearing and the spindles.
9. 1st you install the bearings. You need to add thick lubricant in between the inner bearing and inside of the water seal. Then insert the water seal as well.
10. The drum spindle can be inserted to the bearing, you cannot use iron hammer because it will dent the drum, you need to push and may use wooden plank warp with thick cloth like towel to batter on to the center of the drum gently, if the spindle is smoothen properly it should go in with out a hassle. Make sure that drum rotates freely, then pulley can be installed.
11. The drum bearing replacement is completed
12. Re-install the other parts back.
Posted on Nov 18, 2008
If you are absolutely sure it is the bearing, you will need a special tool to pull the old one off and press the new one on. My advise is to have a professional repair person do the job.
The Candy front load machines have a three-pronged support at the back for the drum. This sometimes get cracked or broken, when this happens, you will have to replace the entire drum assembly as the support is riveted on to it.
The broken support causes the inner drum to rub against the outer tub, giving the impression that the bearing is bad.
Posted on Jun 15, 2008
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Aug 22, 2015 | Hoover Washing Machines
Aug 12, 2015 | Washing Machines
Feb 21, 2015 | Candy Dryers
Jan 28, 2015 | Candy Washing Machines
Feb 23, 2012 | Candy AQW130 Front Load Washer / Dryer
Feb 12, 2012 | Candy Washing Machines
Aug 10, 2011 | Washing Machines
Oct 29, 2009 | Candy Washing Machines
3,229 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: