Question about Jenn-Air JCD2389G Side by Side Refrigerator
The ice enclosure on my freezer is broken. Part # EAP554269 I can not locate this part anywhere. Everyone says that the part is no longer available. Does anyone know where I could find it?
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
The motor is now located on the freezer door
in a foamed-in-place enclosure under the "dispenser
bubble" area of the inner door panel.
The motor is mounted to a plastic mounting
bracket, which, in turn, is mounted to the enclosure
with four mounting screws.
The motor operates on 115 volts DC (115 volts
AC is delivered to the motor, where it is converted
within the motor assembly to DC). This
gives the motor a higher RPM than the earlier
dispenser motors, and results in a faster ice
delivery rate in both the cubed and crushed
Crushed ice is delivered by turning the motor
in a clockwise direction, and cubed ice is delivered
when the motor turns in a counterclockwise
See pages 36 - 40 (starts on printed page 5-12) for checking the motor and the switch pack.
This will deterime what has failed.
Thanks for choosing FixYa,
Jul 22, 2011 | Maytag MSD2758GEW
Jun 14, 2011 | Samsung RF265AA Bottom Freezer French Door...
Ice bin must be locked in place for proper ice dispensing. If necessary, turn auger driver behind ice bin counterclockwise to properly align ice bin with auger driver.
• Press the switch ON to activate ice maker. Slide bin into guide rails located on either side of the enclosure. Push the ice bin in until resistance is felt. Raise the front slightly and push the ice bin completely in. An audible "click" is heard when the ice bin is located correctly.
• After freezer section reaches between 0° to 2° F (-18° to -17° C), ice maker fills with water and begins operating. You will have a complete harvest of ice
approximately every hour.
• Allow approximately 3 to 6 hours after installation to receive first harvest of ice.
• Discard ice created within the first 12 hours of operation to verify system is flushed of impurities.
• Stop ice production by pressing the ON/OFF switch located on the front of the ice maker.
• The first one or two batches will probably contain undersized and irregular cubes because of air in the supply line.
• When the ice cubes are ejected it is normal for several cubes to be joined together at the ends. They can easily be broken apart. The ice maker will
continue to make ice until the supply of ice cubes raises the ice maker arm, shutting the ice maker off.
• Certain sounds may accompany the various cycles of the ice maker. The motor may have a slight hum, the cubes will rattle as they fall into an empty storage bin and the water valve may click or "buzz" occasionally.
Jun 01, 2011 | Maytag MFI2568AES Stainless Steel Bottom...
Jan 20, 2011 | Refrigerators
Dec 16, 2009 | LG LFX25960 Bottom Freezer French Door...
Sep 11, 2009 | GE Refrigerators
Dec 30, 2008 | GE GDS18LBR Bottom Freezer Refrigerator
Oct 03, 2008 | Kenmore Elite 22.4 cu. ft. Bottom Freezer...
Sep 01, 2008 | Maytag MSD2454G Side by Side Refrigerator
61 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: