I believe your model is Tecra S1 - PT831U. I found htis link and the BIOS version is 2.50. You might need to install things in a certain order, (I know this to be true for DELL laptops)So first some instructions from Toshiba,:
.....Follow the steps below to procure or view any of the following support-related items for your Toshiba computer:
1. Click Product Support
in the navigation bar toward the top of the page of ths website (the Toshiba Support website -- support.toshiba.com).
2. Choose a product Category
, and Model
from the lists and then click GO
: Portables, Portege, R500-S8199, GO.
A list of Support Bulletins
for the selected model will appear, since that tab is selected by default.
3. Click other tabs to see Downloads
, Detailed Specs
, the User's Guide
, a Product Tour
, and other content for the selected model.
4. For Downloads and Support Bulletins, you can use the Refine Search By
lists to narrow your search to a specific operating system, and/or to a
specific technology topic (BIOS, Wi-Fi). A more specific results list
will be displayed.
5. Click the title of any item in the lists to view or download it.
- km/wa" There's some pretty good information there, I hope this helps, and good luck. If I 'fixed ya' please rate me. Thanks. -jmattes
(just copy and paste this link in your browser): http://www.csd.toshiba.com/cgi-bin/tais/support/jsp/modelContent.jsp?ct=DL&os=&category=&moid=380605&rpn=PT831U&modelFilter=S1&selCategory=3&selFamily=1073768664