Question about Lexmark Printers & Copiers
You can download the drivers from the Lexmark website.
Posted on Jun 12, 2008
I got help directly from here, It worked for my
RAF Dell M65 Precision Vista Ultimate
Posted on Feb 08, 2008
SOURCE: Lexmark 5400 series
Problem: Lexmark cannot retrieve applications list
I have the Lexmark X3550 with the WiFi option board installed (makes it same as the model X4550) and get the “cannot retrieve applications list” message on one of the five computers connected to my router (Linlsys WRT54G V8) and using wireless printing and scanning. Just like everyone else with a similar Lexmark WiFi printer/scanner, I can print wireless, but cannot get the wireless scanner to work on one of my PCs.
The fix, in my case, was to change the Lexmark network name as follows.
1. Launch Lexmark Imaging Studio.
2. Right-Click on “View or change network settings”.
3. Enter a new network name in the first box shown. (This box contained the correct network name for my PC, but another name was needed to make the scanner work. I simply added “-lex” at the end of the current network name.)
4. Right-Click OK. You should return to the Imaging Studio screen.
5. Close the Lexmark Imaging Studio window. (The tray icon should remain at the screen lower right.)
6. On the printer, press the Scan Mode button.
7. On the printer’s display screen, select the Computer Name that you entered for the new network name. Just use the arrow buttons until the exact name is shown.
8. Press the Check button. The display screen should show “Downloading Applications List”. Within about 10 seconds the message should change to “ *Scan to Computer ”. Wireless scanning should now work.
9.. Press the Start Color or Start Black button. “Requesting Scan” will be shown. After a few seconds scanning will start. The process is a bit slow.
10. After a while you may see an empty small Lexmark window onscreen. Later, the Lexmark Imaging Studio will appear onscreen, then change to show many options and features. An image of the scanned item will appear in a Lexmark window. Save and/or edit the image. Another scan can be done by pressing the printer’s Check button again. Be sure the correct computer name is shown on the printer’s display.
That’s it. A new computer name was the solution. Your PC and printer may require a restart (power off) after changing the “computer name”.
Posted on Jul 26, 2008
To all Lexmark owners with the lost disk problem.
If you do not have the disk you must download the software from Internet, follow instructions below,
Click here:Official Lexmark Drivers and Software
A web page will open, follow instructions, select model, select operative system etc., and click on download .
Chose to download the file in my documents when asked.
After downloading, find the file,double click on the file ,then if you get in troubles, follow the instructions below to reset and reinstall drivers:
Contact Lexmark here, to see if the disk for your printer is available.
Note:some printerdoes not work on Vista, if you do not find any driver download for Vista on your model page, that means your model is not Vista compatible.
Posted on Apr 07, 2009
Tips for a great answer:
Aug 10, 2011 | Lexmark C533DN InkJet Printer
Jun 20, 2011 | Lexmark Printers & Copiers
Nov 11, 2010 | Lexmark X5470 All-In-One InkJet Printer
Dec 06, 2009 | Lexmark X5470 All-In-One InkJet Printer
Oct 21, 2009 | Lexmark X5470 All-In-One InkJet Printer
Apr 16, 2009 | Lexmark X5470 All-In-One InkJet Printer
Dec 29, 2008 | Printers & Copiers
Dec 09, 2008 | Lexmark X5470 All-In-One InkJet Printer
Nov 09, 2008 | Lexmark Printers & Copiers
Jan 04, 2008 | Lexmark X5470 All-In-One InkJet Printer
247 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!