Question about Epson Stylus CX5000 InkJet Photo Printer
I had problem with Epson Stylus CX5000 InkJet pronter and I got a replacement printer. When I powered the pronter catridge box will always stops at ink replacement postion. Even when I load new catridges or even I f remove the catrdges always goes to replacement postion. Never goes to expended ink mark or to the extreme right end. Ink light and power light always blinks. When I called Epson they send me new one still it has the same problem. Am I missing some thing
Please follow the steps below to replace one or more cartridges.
NOTE: It is necessary to have all four ink cartridges installed and supplied with ink in order for the unit to function properly. The unit will be in an OFFLINE state if the any of the cartridges are expended. This is a protection feature of the unit, to prevent air from being pumped through the print head.
Once you start the ink cartridge replacement procedure, you must complete all the steps in one session.
**NOTE** To avoid damaging the unit, NEVER move the print head by hand.
1. Make sure the unit is turned on, and not printing. The POWER light should be on, but not flashing.
2. Lower the OUTPUT tray, and lift the scanner portion to access the ink cartridges.
3. Press and release the INK button. The print heads will move to the left, and the cartridge that needs to be replaced will stop directly beneath the OUT OF INK symbol. Make a note of which cartridge requires replacement.
4. Press and release the INK button again. If more than one ink cartridge is empty, the next cartridge will move under the OUT OF INK symbol. If no other cartridges are out of ink, the print heads will now move to the REPLACEMENT POSITION.
5. Open the CARTRIDGE COVER. Pinch the front and back tabs of the empty cartridge as you lift it out of the unit. Dispose of this cartridge.
6. Before you remove the new cartridge from its package, shake it four or five times.
7. Remove the new cartridge from its package, and lower it into the cartridge holder. Push down gently until the cartridge clicks into place.
8. Repeat steps 5-7 for each cartridge that you need to replace. Close the
CARTRIDGE COVER once all of the necessary ink cartridges are replaced.
9. Carefully lower the scanner, until it clicks into place
10. Press and release the INK button.
The ON light flashes and the printer makes noise. Charging takes about 30 seconds. When it's finished, the ON light stops flashing and stays on steady.
Caution: Never turn off the EPSON Stylus printer while the ON light is flashing, unless the Stylus printer hasn't moved or made noise for more than 5 minutes.
Posted on Jun 13, 2008
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Jun 11, 2010 | Epson Stylus CX5000 InkJet Photo Printer
Jan 26, 2010 | Epson Stylus C86 InkJet Printer
Jun 21, 2009 | Epson Stylus CX5000 InkJet Photo Printer
May 15, 2009 | Epson Stylus CX5000 InkJet Photo Printer
Jan 30, 2009 | Epson Stylus DX5050 All-In-One InkJet...
Apr 14, 2008 | Epson Stylus CX5000 InkJet Photo Printer
Dec 21, 2007 | Epson Stylus C86 InkJet Printer
119 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: