a 6ya Technician can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repair professionals here in the US. click here to Talk to a Technician (only for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need. Goodluck!
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
Can you print to your PC? if yes you know how to assign ip address to the copier. I suggest is to go web browser and type the ip adress of the copier. log in to adminstrator the password 12345678 click network scan you have choices which scanning you want. SMB, ftp scan to email. If choose SMB first you have create Folder to your desktop and name it SMB all upper case and right click sharing and permit everyone . Then back to copier web browser click tab scan and type all the names you want. Scan to e-mail you have to click network and enable the scan to email enter the SMTP leave the port 25 do not change assign a valid email address to copier and enter email address of the administrator user id and the last is the pasword. Note: everytime you visit this page you should enter the password. then click the scn tab and enter all your email address. enjoyprograming!!!
Easiest way is to change to SMB scanning which will give you direct scanning to PC or server. Create a new address in the machines address tab in the browser add the (must be a fixed) ip address of the machine it is going to with the folder name, user name and password and it will work a treat.
Hi mmarsh1212, When you say the bizhub fails Authorization, do you menat it fails Athentication? If so, and I pressume your technician knows what he's doing, you have an issue with a password. I suggest you create an address for the bizhub on your email server and then re-setup the scanning to email credentials via the web browser direct to the machine. Let me know if you need help with doing this. Regards Taminol
1) Install the Microsoft Office DocumentImaging feature by following the steps given below:
1) Go to Start -> Control Panel. 2) Click the Add or Remove Programs. 3) Select the Microsoft Office Professional Edition 2003 and click the Change button. 4) Click the Add or Remove Features and click on Next. 5) Select the Choose advanced customization of applications checkbox and click Next. 6) Click on the Office Tools -> Microsoft Office DocumentImaging -> Scanning, OCR and Indexing Service Filter. 7) Select Run all from My Computer, insert the Office installation CD, and the feature is installed.
this can be easily done via your web browser by typing in the IP address of the MFP and set it from there.
You need the IP address of the laptop and is best to put the shared folder in the main drive (C).
Then for the file path you just need to enter the name of the shared folder EXACTLY as it is on the lap top.
You also MUST enter the ID a password to give it access.
with scan to Email on this machine you need a mail server that is local
with ftp scanning you need IIS running on either XP Pro or server OS
SMB Scanning can be done but only if you are using an eithernet connection
which one of these do you want do to do